: When will "air bubbles" go away after tinting?

Shockrock3
04-24-2007, 07:15 AM
Got the car tinted on Saturday..so we're going on Day 3. Still see a bunch of little air bubbles on the side windows. Now from what I've read..air bubbles after tinting is very normal and the bubbles will eventually dissapate. It just bothers me to see them...should I not touch them and just let them hopefully go away or should I try and work them out now. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Chris

cjmatt
04-24-2007, 07:23 AM
some will eventually evaporate as tint is actually somewhat pourous, id give it a month or so. I had my windows tinted though and while some bubbles went away, there were still some that never did

JeffP
04-24-2007, 07:47 AM
Depends on what bubbles you see. If they are very small ones that look white compared to the rest of the window those won't go away. That what dirt, sand, lint, trapped between the window and tint. If they are larger and appear to have water trapped between the tint and window those will go away after a while.

Shockrock3
04-24-2007, 07:48 AM
some will eventually evaporate as tint is actually somewhat pourous, id give it a month or so. I had my windows tinted though and while some bubbles went away, there were still some that never did

I hear ya but it quite aggrevating looking at them..I just want to take that little tool (not sure what's it called) that the guy gave me and just try and work them out. As much as I want to..the right thing seems to be just wait and then try working them out after a month or so. Thanks for the suggestion.

Chris

Shockrock3
04-24-2007, 07:51 AM
Depends on what bubbles you see. If they are very small ones that look white compared to the rest of the window those won't go away. That what dirt, sand, lint, trapped between the window and tint. If they are larger and appear to have water trapped between the tint and window those will go away after a while.

Ugggh I think those are the ones...the guy said he cleaned my windows very good before hand. I did have some condensation on the rear window but that evaporated. Dumb question but should I see "water" or "condensation" in the bubbles and if not I should assume that those are not coming out? Thanks for the help

Chris

ecetim
04-24-2007, 08:28 AM
If you got it done at a quality place, go back after a week and have them fix it. But in the three cars I've had tinted, bubbles were pretty much gone after a week.

hellmonkey
04-24-2007, 08:39 AM
i had the reverse problem. i had ZERO bubbles when i got my tint. i was exstatic. then of course for the next 3 weeks, it was cloudy and in the 30s n 40s. i was soooo pissed. i had some bubbles appear. but now its warm and sunny so im going to give it a few weeks before i have it redone.

1969 SS
04-24-2007, 08:44 AM
If you got it done at a quality place, go back after a week and have them fix it. But in the three cars I've had tinted, bubbles were pretty much gone after a week.

I agree with the week timeframe but that's only if you get some good sun on the car during that time

Drachen
04-24-2007, 09:18 AM
When I had my tints done (a reputable tint installer) I had zero bubbles as well. Either that or whatever bubbles were there they worked out before I had the car returned to me.

If you ask me, if bubbles appear the tint wasn't installed properly.

JeffP
04-24-2007, 10:17 AM
Ugggh I think those are the ones...the guy said he cleaned my windows very good before hand. I did have some condensation on the rear window but that evaporated. Dumb question but should I see "water" or "condensation" in the bubbles and if not I should assume that those are not coming out? Thanks for the help

Chris

If it's water or condensation your ok. They will go away. If they appear dry and just a hard bubble or small dot that doesn't move those won't go away.

GTODD
04-24-2007, 10:25 AM
bubbles??? Imagine what 2 layers of tint on your windows would look like!!!! mine took forever...okay not that long, but it was driving me crazy...2months...they were good.
if you don't like it, take it back to who did it, and have them fix it. YOUR MONEY~YOUR SATISFACTION!!!
Demand it!!!
good luck
window tint FTW!!!

Locke
04-24-2007, 11:11 AM
When I had my tints done (a reputable tint installer) I had zero bubbles as well. Either that or whatever bubbles were there they worked out before I had the car returned to me.

If you ask me, if bubbles appear the tint wasn't installed properly.

:iagree:

Devin_9_2004
04-24-2007, 11:19 AM
I would take it back and have it re-done. I have had several cars tinted and never had a problem with bubbles after a few days or so.

Shockrock3
04-24-2007, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the help guys...it's only been about 3 days so I'll give it until this Saturday. If not he gave me that tool (not sure what it's called) and I'll try working them out. I do have a lifetime warranty on it in writing..

Chris

JeffP
04-24-2007, 12:26 PM
If not he gave me that tool (not sure what it's called) and I'll try working them out.

Chris

Probably a hard card. Tinting is like sex the wetter it is the easier it slides. :D So keep the hard card wet when using it on the tint and you won't scratch it.

orngujls
04-24-2007, 12:45 PM
be patient for now... im not sure what kind of weather your having but if cooler and no sun itll prob take a little longer fo rthose little bubbles to disappear. it took my tint bubbles about 2 weeks to go away. crappy weather when i got them done