: Whats The Best Sound/performance Longtube Headers On 04 Gto

GTO KING 45
05-28-2008, 07:19 PM
I Have An 04 Gto And I Want To Get The Best Sound And Performance Long Tube Headers But Can't Figure Out Whats The Best Please Let Me Know.

MarylandSpeed
05-28-2008, 07:26 PM
In terms of sound..they all sound pretty much the same. You would never be able to tell what headers a car has by listening to it. In terms of performance, Kooks seem to be the best because they are longer, and have every design feature you can throw at them.

We have a kick ass header sale going here-

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222934&page=5

Phantompooper
05-28-2008, 07:43 PM
Oooooorrrr, if you feel like paying about the same for less performance, there's always SLP....

I have SLP long-tubes on the car (came with them), and with Borla stingers, the car sounds awesome. No more than a 5-10 hp difference than the Kooks.

GTO KING 45
05-28-2008, 07:58 PM
sO KOOKS is the best

PontiacGTO.info
05-28-2008, 09:32 PM
KOOKS is always the best then it goes stainless works, slp and then pacesetters, if you can afford the KOOKS I'd go with them

AryusTyvan
05-30-2008, 01:39 PM
I have Kooks 1 7/8" LT's w/ a 3" MagnaFlow cat-back and love it

MVDCGTO
05-30-2008, 02:07 PM
sO KOOKS is the best

No! :wall:

ARH > Kooks

GoatKart
05-30-2008, 03:05 PM
performance.

Maryland speeds Kook Signature series OR American Racing Headers... probably a close tie

then the rest of em...

Sound..... sound comes from your catback, headers just make it louder

axles of evil
05-30-2008, 04:24 PM
overall im satisfied with my kooks, a local friend of mine has SLP and they seem to be pretty nice also and are easier to install.

ODE
05-30-2008, 05:04 PM
performance.

Maryland speeds Kook Signature series OR American Racing Headers... probably a close tie

then the rest of em...

what he said!

I have Kooks SS headers and love them but ARH makes an excellent header as well!

:-pimp:

randy
05-30-2008, 06:56 PM
if you can afford the kooks, get em. if not, pacesetter v2's are another cheaper option. i went with kooks b/c they fit like a glove and i have never heard a single complaint about them. they look nice too.

MarylandSpeed
05-31-2008, 07:12 AM
Tie? Signature Series win's because of stepped primaries and extra O2 bung. I would say even regular Kooks win now because they have ball flange collector that won't leak. ARH has moved to a slip fit.

Every time we run a poll, 60% plus of GTO owners with headers have Kooks. That is what you call market penetration.

performance.

then the rest of em...

GTO KING 45
05-31-2008, 10:49 AM
what are stepped primaries and ball flange collector?

MVDCGTO
05-31-2008, 12:17 PM
Tie? Signature Series win's because of stepped primaries and extra O2 bung. I would say even regular Kooks win now because they have ball flange collector that won't leak. ARH has moved to a slip fit.

Every time we run a poll, 60% plus of GTO owners with headers have Kooks. That is what you call market penetration.

Yeah and your opinion is not biased at all considering you are the sole supplier of SS kooks and do not sell ARH for whatever reason. Also the only test results showing any "gains" from SS Kooks were in your car and ARH was not involved in those tests at all.

Also I did not realise that an extra O2 bung resulted in extra performance, which is to what GoatKart was referring to. Hell if thats the case I'm going to put in a dozen O2 bungs and gain serious power :slap:

TLEm1911a1
05-31-2008, 12:21 PM
i have kooks 1 7/8's and a corsa catback. i have nothing but good things to say about either one.

PontiacGTO.info
06-03-2008, 09:57 PM
i have kooks 1 7/8's and a corsa catback. i have nothing but good things to say about either one.

Perfect combo...:turbonaug

Chilly Palmer
06-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Kook's on my car - can't go wrong with them, it seems. However, I'm willing to bet that most all headers are within 5-7 hp of each other - I've never seen evidence that any one brand will produce significantly more power than another. I would just get the best your budget allows and don't stress it.

TLEm1911a1
06-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Perfect combo...:turbonaug

thanks, it seems that some people are afraid of the combo, but if you want it to be quiet just keep your foot out of it.

MarylandSpeed
06-04-2008, 08:37 PM
Yeah and your opinion is not biased at all considering you are the sole supplier of SS kooks and do not sell ARH for whatever reason. Also the only test results showing any "gains" from SS Kooks were in your car and ARH was not involved in those tests at all.

Also I did not realise that an extra O2 bung resulted in extra performance, which is to what GoatKart was referring to. Hell if thats the case I'm going to put in a dozen O2 bungs and gain serious power :slap:

You opinion is not biased at all since all you have installed is ARH;) If I remember right, you got a good deal on used ARH's. Had they been used Kooks..your argument may be different.

Standard Kooks, and Standard ARH perform about the same in almost every test I have seen with the better tune winning. Also keep in mind..typically 1 7/8" headers show more slightly more high end HP (bigger primaries flow better at max exhaust output), and 1 3/4" show more low end TQ (smaller primaires accelerate the exhaust faster). ARH touts the merge..but again..you will never get anything conclusive on that. I still take the Kooks because of the ball flange collector. I hate clamps, and slipfits with a passion.

As for the Signature Series Header...they are about building the best GTO header you can bar none. They are a class above everything else on the market and priced like it. If there is something that could be introduced on a production level that would make a better header..I honestly don't know what it is. The reason the Signature Series headers perform so good is the stepped primaries. They produce the low end TQ of an 1 3/4" and the high end HP of an 1 7/8" header. Every dyno I have seen for the stepped headers shows them performing in the upper end of where you expect headers. On top of that we threw in the extra O2 Bung..and merge collector. Up to about 600HP..it is the best featured header on the market.

Basically..while I could accept that there could be a "who's better" argument between standard Kooks, and ARH...I really don't see how you could argue SS headers vs. ARH.

The power on the merge collector is debatable...but throw in that all Kooks have a ball flange

ChosenWon
06-05-2008, 09:55 AM

OK, I hate to jump on the wagon late, but could that extra oxygen bung be used for exhaust gas temp? If not, what is it there for?:confused:

thedak
06-05-2008, 10:21 AM
Ball Fittings

:ftw:

zdub
06-05-2008, 10:26 AM
OK, I hate to jump on the wagon late, but could that extra oxygen bung be used for exhaust gas temp? If not, what is it there for?:confused:

Wideband O2