: Comp Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade - $199 shipped with labor

Hinson Motorsports
04-01-2010, 09:48 AM
Simply send us your factory rockers and $199 and enjoy reliable operation for years to come. $199 includes the Comp Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, installation labor, and shipping back to you.

This is a very wise investment in your stock LS1/LS2 rocker arms. High rpm and high valve spring pressures can put the factory rocker arm’s trunion under intolerable stress. The factory needle bearings are replaced with caged roller bearings to increase rigidity & reliability. This will keep needle bearings from falling out everywhere in your engine. As proof of success, for the last two years this rocker arm trunion upgrade has been tested and performance-proven in the NASCAR GM LS spec engine series. This performance rocker arm modification is a “must have” upgrade for your LS1/LS2 factory rocker arms.

1. Mark each rocker arm (1-16) with a sharpie. This will insure the wear pattern will remain the same as before and that there will be no excessive noise after installation.

2. Send your rockers to the following address:
Hinson Motorsports
1500 Hueytown Rd.
Hueytown, AL 35023

3. Turnaround time is 1 business day. Express shipping is available if needed.

Parts
http://www.hinsonsupercars.com/Pics/Products/CompTrunionUpgrade.jpg

Installed
http://www.hinsonsupercars.com/Pics/Products/GMRocker1.jpg
http://www.hinsonsupercars.com/Pics/Products/GMRocker2.jpg

Hinson Motorsports
04-01-2010, 09:48 AM
For those wanting parts only.

Comp Cams LS1 Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade (http://hinsonsupercars.com/p-1078-comp-cams-ls1-rocker-arm-trunion-upgrade.aspx) $129.95

Duchess
04-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Good deal I think after April when I finish closing on my house and get settled in I'm going to order the kit.

JHEZ GOAT
04-01-2010, 10:59 AM
That is a really good deal!!!

dustyminpin
04-01-2010, 11:14 AM
That is a good deal. I purchased the LS3 Comp Cams trunnion upgrade kit directly from Comp at a price of $200. They wanted something stupid like $18 per rocker arm for me to mail the rockers to them and have them press out the LS3 guts and replace with the new Comp guts. I laughed and told them I work in a macine shop and am more then capable of pressing the new trunnions in myself. 200 bucks out the door for this kit with labor included is a very good price.

PokeGTO
04-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Of course you would start offering this 2 weeks after I did my own!!!

SK360
04-01-2010, 12:26 PM
guessing these work for the offset L92/LS3 rockers as well? Looks like a nice upgrade, may be interested in the near future.

dustyminpin
04-01-2010, 12:34 PM
They look identical from what I can tell in the pic. Without a part number though, there's no way to tell if it's the same L92 ones that I have.

ddawson
04-01-2010, 12:41 PM
Damn I already bought a set.

Hinson Motorsports
04-01-2010, 03:34 PM
Thanks guys.

guessing these work for the offset L92/LS3 rockers as well? Looks like a nice upgrade, may be interested in the near future.
Yes, this works with LS1/LS2/LS3/LS6/LS7/LS9 rockers.

DJJONESIVS
04-01-2010, 03:38 PM
What would be better these or yella terras?

Proth1975
04-01-2010, 05:19 PM
A lot of people have found nothing wrong with the stockers, other than their bearings going. This fixes that. Compare that to how many complaints of broken YT/Scorpion/HS rockers you hear.

-P

MrBaz
04-01-2010, 05:56 PM
A lot of people have found nothing wrong with the stockers, other than their bearings going. This fixes that. Compare that to how many complaints of broken YT/Scorpion/HS rockers you hear.

-P

I think some of those reports come from an installation where those aftermarket rocker arms were not installed properly.
What I want to know is how reliable are the stock arms at high lift (>.600") of lift. This I would believe is the main reason people go with aftermarket rocker arms.

arodgers
04-01-2010, 10:11 PM
I installed these a month or two ago and they're running great. Bought them from Hinson also. Great guys there.

NWFLGTO
04-01-2010, 11:14 PM
hey seth you need a donor set in case ones cant wait for down time??

LSPerformance
04-02-2010, 04:50 AM
What I want to know is how reliable are the stock arms at high lift (>.600") of lift. This I would believe is the main reason people go with aftermarket rocker arms.

Myth, I've used them reliably to .630 lift.

Hinson Motorsports
04-02-2010, 08:53 AM
What would be better these or yella terras?
The stock rockers work great for most applications. On certain setups the roller rockers can provide reduced valve guide wear.

I think some of those reports come from an installation where those aftermarket rocker arms were not installed properly.
I'm running .645" lift on the stock rockers with no problems.

hey seth you need a donor set in case ones cant wait for down time??
Thanks for the offer but we won't be doing any core exchanges.

MuhThugga
04-03-2010, 09:56 AM
This is a good deal. Cheaper than the Harland Sharp upgrade.

WCROWDY
04-19-2010, 05:01 AM
Just want to triple check since it sais ls1 so much on your site when i was looking at this...these will work no prob on an ls2 correct...i will be ordering soon to do with the new cam.

Hinson Motorsports
04-19-2010, 07:00 AM
Just want to triple check since it sais ls1 so much on your site when i was looking at this...these will work no prob on an ls2 correct...i will be ordering soon to do with the new cam.
Yes, this works with LS1/LS2/LS3/LS6/LS7/LS9 rockers.

Thanks

ODE
04-26-2010, 04:57 PM
Awesome deal man! I did this and it wasnt as cheap from HS. However I am a happy camper with no lost sleep of possible needle bearings eating up my engine. :)

Raymond Luxury Yacht
05-06-2010, 03:34 PM
No need to number the rockers if we are using new valves, correct?

Hinson Motorsports
05-11-2010, 07:39 AM
No need to number the rockers if we are using new valves, correct?
That's correct.

ct06gto
05-26-2010, 01:08 PM
How hard are these to press out? doable with vise and socket or do you need a real press? Do you need to grease up the bearings more on installation?

DJJONESIVS
05-26-2010, 01:45 PM
^ hey paul, i believe you need a real press for it to be done.

i have a machinist in hartford that can press them in probably for cheap.
he pressed in my lower control arm steel jacketed bushings for 30 bucks.

ct06gto
05-26-2010, 02:08 PM
Danny, i figured i would do them when i do my heads. Never mind the question about the grease. I do mechanical service and im used to greasing bearrings not bearings in a sealed oil pumped system. :)

Hinson Motorsports
05-26-2010, 02:39 PM
How hard are these to press out? doable with vise and socket or do you need a real press? Do you need to grease up the bearings more on installation?
We use a press. You could probably do it with a vise, but we haven't had a reason to try.

Hinson Motorsports
06-23-2010, 06:46 AM
Thanks for your orders!

s/c'd cav
06-24-2010, 10:21 AM
how would these compare to the HS upgraded rockers ?

Hinson Motorsports
06-24-2010, 03:00 PM
how would these compare to the HS upgraded rockers ?
We have only installed the Comp Kit so we wouldn't be able to compare the two.

Fourman
08-04-2010, 07:04 PM
is this still going on? if so... how long?

most important... same deal for L92 rockers? obviously exhaust would be the same, but can the intake rocker be upgraded the same way?

Hinson Motorsports
08-09-2010, 12:45 PM
is this still going on? if so... how long?

most important... same deal for L92 rockers? obviously exhaust would be the same, but can the intake rocker be upgraded the same way?
Yes sir, there is no end date. Yes, this works with LS1/LS2/LS3/LS6/LS7/LS9 rockers.

Thanks

Ike
09-09-2010, 05:54 AM
Would there be any benefit to having this done on the SLP 1.85 rockers?

JJD49
09-09-2010, 06:06 AM
Yes sir, there is no end date. Yes, this works with LS1/LS2/LS3/LS6/LS7/LS9 rockers.

Thanks

WOW. I just came across this post and this is something would would be a great benefit to my motor. Thanks for the information.

Hinson Motorsports
09-09-2010, 06:59 AM
Would there be any benefit to having this done on the SLP 1.85 rockers?
The SLP 1.85 Rockers already have the trunion upgraded.

Hinson Motorsports
09-09-2010, 07:00 AM
FYI, this part is currently on back order until 10/2 (estimate).

Hinson Motorsports
10-12-2010, 06:48 AM
These are finally off back order! In stock ready to ship.

Detroit_Muscle
10-12-2010, 05:19 PM
I am not exactly a veteran member around here, but I haven't seen anybody with their stock rocker arm bearings failing. Is this a common issue with the LS2? Otherwise looks good!

Hinson Motorsports
10-13-2010, 10:04 AM
I am not exactly a veteran member around here, but I haven't seen anybody with their stock rocker arm bearings failing. Is this a common issue with the LS2? Otherwise looks good!
It happens enough that for $199 it's a really good investment. Go to the Gen III Internal Engine section on LS1Tech and search "needle bearings" and you will see the problems people have had over the years with the needle bearings coming out and ending up everywhere in the engine. This applies to both LS1 and LS2 rocker arms. The stock rockers work really well and this basically makes them 100% reliable.

Detroit_Muscle
10-13-2010, 06:40 PM
It happens enough that for $199 it's a really good investment. Go to the Gen III Internal Engine section on LS1Tech and search "needle bearings" and you will see the problems people have had over the years with the needle bearings coming out and ending up everywhere in the engine. This applies to both LS1 and LS2 rocker arms. The stock rockers work really well and this basically makes them 100% reliable.

Makes sense, thanks Seth. I will most likely be pulling them out once the car goes into storage this winter.

Stang2Goat
10-18-2010, 11:07 PM
Brian at HSC took care of my ass when I was without a motor and awaiting TSP and SNL to make everything work out.

Several hard to find parts that I didn't want to pay retail on were available at HSC. Got my Fast 46# injectors and a slew of other small parts from them. Reason i mention this here...their prices are unbeatable, and their service matches it.

For what is largely a 2-man operation they do a fantastic job. Brian even spent the extra time with me on the phone discussing the details of my motor build, what I would and wouldn't need.

So yeah - free bump for one of the peeps who helped Porkchop and I back in 2009! -mcs

jegten
10-18-2010, 11:38 PM
Seth-
how much for a complete set, i.e., including the rockers?

thanks!

PS:also sent you a pm with other questions. thanks!

Hinson Motorsports
10-19-2010, 07:44 AM
Brian at HSC took care of my ass when I was without a motor and awaiting TSP and SNL to make everything work out.

Several hard to find parts that I didn't want to pay retail on were available at HSC. Got my Fast 46# injectors and a slew of other small parts from them. Reason i mention this here...their prices are unbeatable, and their service matches it.

For what is largely a 2-man operation they do a fantastic job. Brian even spent the extra time with me on the phone discussing the details of my motor build, what I would and wouldn't need.

So yeah - free bump for one of the peeps who helped Porkchop and I back in 2009! -mcs
Thanks Michael!

Seth-
how much for a complete set, i.e., including the rockers?

thanks!

PS:also sent you a pm with other questions. thanks!
PM returned.

GTO_Kroh
11-13-2010, 10:07 AM
Well after 2 broken sets of scorpions..... I think I am gong this route...... though... I did not mark my stockers ..... should I buy new rockers and then have this done in that case?????

LSPerformance
11-13-2010, 12:41 PM
Well after 2 broken sets of scorpions..... I think I am gong this route...... though... I did not mark my stockers ..... should I buy new rockers and then have this done in that case?????

The LS1/LS2 OE rockers can go back in any location, the bearing upgrade is all you need.

Stevo
02-19-2011, 07:05 AM
Guys this is a good investment my friend just lost his engine due to a stock rocker arm failure. The block is cracked and his head is trash.

Hinson Motorsports
04-06-2011, 08:56 AM
Thanks for your orders!

6PntHo
04-07-2011, 08:50 PM
do you have any already installed in rockers? that i could buy? thanks

diggs1870
04-07-2011, 09:03 PM
sweet!!

Hinson Motorsports
04-08-2011, 09:14 AM
do you have any already installed in rockers? that i could buy? thanks
Sorry, we don't. We can order new GM rockers though.

diggs1870
04-18-2011, 07:50 PM
I got my set of used rockers. Can I get in on this deal?

6PntHo
04-18-2011, 08:01 PM
buying a set of rockers from my friend, will be sending them in very soon

NCTRNL
05-21-2012, 08:38 AM
Planning on doing this. Just realized that the guy that's helping me with the build removed the rockers off of one cylinder head without keeping track of what order they were in. Will this really make that much of a difference if I'm putting new lifters, pushrods, and valvesprings on while having the heads ported?

PontiacGTO.info
05-22-2012, 09:45 PM
Planning on doing this. Just realized that the guy that's helping me with the build removed the rockers off of one cylinder head without keeping track of what order they were in. Will this really make that much of a difference if I'm putting new lifters, pushrods, and valvesprings on while having the heads ported?

Won't make a difference

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Hinson Motorsports
05-23-2012, 11:49 AM
I got my set of used rockers. Can I get in on this deal?
Sure can.

It's a suggestion, but not a requirement.

Thanks

dantheman
05-23-2012, 11:57 AM
just ordered the bearings for mine. had a friend put them together and they are in the car.

thanks for the super fast shipping Seth. you guys are great!

Hinson Motorsports
05-24-2012, 03:02 PM
just ordered the bearings for mine. had a friend put them together and they are in the car.

thanks for the super fast shipping Seth. you guys are great!
Glad to help!

ElementalHg
05-28-2012, 01:11 PM
I just recently did this upgrade also. I bought a spare set so I would have almost no down time. The set I pulled off I would be willing to let go for free so someone else could do the same. PM me.

On a side note I have bought quite a few items from HSC(motor mounts and trunion upgrade the latest) and the service I have had has been outstanding and their prices are tough to beat. I highly recommend them.