: Front tire contacting the inner fender well!!!

Breze84
07-16-2011, 12:51 AM
Has anyone ever had problems with their Front tires contacting the inner fender wells??? I can visually see that my right front inner fender well has been rubbed by the tire... Im not sure if the front suspension is traveling cause I cant physically tell when I drive but I did notice I have a funny sound as if my front right brake is making a noise when I hit it "Almost like a rubbing sound or something is getting hung up slightly," Thats the best way I can really describe it without you actually hearing it... Im 1000% sure its not the actual brake since I just changed all of them and they look like new and stop like new, but the sound would lead someone to believe that it might be the brake if you didnt know any better... Not sure if its a Tie rod or what, But I do know for sure that the tire is rubbing the plastic inner well and its annoying, I dont know if that noise has something to do with that since its when I hit the brakes which would cause the suspension to move back if its actually traveling and not forwards... It obviously wouldnt make sense that the front suspension is traveling forward during braking cause that breaks the laws of physics lol... But who the smurf knows with these shitty ass suspensions... Anyways if anyone has had this problem or maybe knows what Im trying to explain please do toss some info my way lol.... Thanks.... FYI Im still on stock suspension and plan on doing all the bushings soon...

If I made it confusing im sorry and to basically some it up....

1. I have tire rub on the inner right front fender well from front tire.
2. Front right tire/brake/Tie rod??? "Who the smurf knows" is making a rubbing/thudding noise Like a repeditive thud when I almost get to a complete stop....

HunterKiller89
07-16-2011, 03:20 AM
well, ill start with the obvious questions...
what offset do you have on the fronts, how wide is the rim, and what tire size are you running?

superchargedgp
07-16-2011, 05:26 AM
Radius Rod bushings, Have you replaced them?

zowwiewowwie
07-16-2011, 06:17 AM
Radius Rod bushings, Have you replaced them?

^^^^^
That is probably your culprit

REBinc
07-16-2011, 06:40 AM
Is it hitting them on turns or when you have the wheel straight?

Mine rubbed holes straight through the plastic liners, caused by installing the RR bushings at the most aggressive castor setting.

Breze84
07-16-2011, 01:10 PM
Hunter, The rim is just a factory offset 18x8 with a 245 tire... Brian, It looks as if its rubbing with the wheel straight... Mike, RR bushings are all factory....

superchargedgp
07-16-2011, 08:50 PM
replace them

Breze84
07-17-2011, 11:38 AM
Ya I planned on it...

Quiksilver
07-17-2011, 09:22 PM
Front inner liner will get rubbed by wheel/tire combo at full lock depending on caster settings. Turn the wheel to full lock either side and you'll see it touching in a static state.

Mine does it, only at full lock though.

Rob@WretchedMS
07-18-2011, 12:25 PM
the only way that can happen is from a radius rod/bushing problem or if the liner is actually pushed back in to the wheel, check that it's not displaced first

bohnman
07-18-2011, 01:12 PM
I'll drive yo junk and hit the brakes and you can see yo junk is loose as hell fool

El Dee Bee
07-18-2011, 01:44 PM
I have a similar rubbing sound as I'm slowing down also - on or off the brakes. Replaced the brakes - DBR rotors & Hawk ceramic pads but that didn't help. Still searching.....

Rob@WretchedMS
07-18-2011, 05:10 PM
are you in LA?

Breze84
07-18-2011, 08:30 PM
Front inner liner will get rubbed by wheel/tire combo at full lock depending on caster settings. Turn the wheel to full lock either side and you'll see it touching in a static state.

Mine does it, only at full lock though.

Interesting, Makes sense...

the only way that can happen is from a radius rod/bushing problem or if the liner is actually pushed back in to the wheel, check that it's not displaced first

Probably more so the RR bushings then, I checked the The plastic inner fender gaurd when I fist noticed it, Its a tad more moveable then the front driver side one but nothing crazy to where it would be hanging on the tire... Pretty sure its the RR bushings then.... Thanks :D

I'll drive yo junk and hit the brakes and you can see yo junk is loose as hell fool

Fo sho hoe.....

superchargedgp
07-19-2011, 05:03 AM
Probably more so the RR bushings then, I checked the The plastic inner fender gaurd when I fist noticed it, Its a tad more moveable then the front driver side one but nothing crazy to where it would be hanging on the tire... Pretty sure its the RR bushings then.... Thanks :D

told you

Breze84
07-19-2011, 10:11 AM
told you

I didn't doubt you you sloppy hoe

Rob GTO
07-19-2011, 10:49 AM
How many miles do you have on your car?

Breze84
07-19-2011, 03:18 PM
how many miles do you have on your car?

El Dee Bee
07-22-2011, 02:55 PM
are you in LA?

Hi Rob,

I assume U meant me ? Yes, I am in Orange Co. near LA.