LS1GTO Forums banner

Wavetrac Differential Soon

8K views 63 replies 35 participants last post by  Canada 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#21 ·
I'll look into them them. It's been awhile since I talked to them at SEMA.

I was about to say I thought chris at Gforce has had these for some time now. From early thread discussion I recall I thought pricing for a full wavetrac rear was $3900+ but thats just off memory I cant say for sure.
That is for the 9" we sell, the Wavetrac is an option. We dont currently offer if for the GTO OEM rear.

Jon. I hope it's all its cracked up to be. I'd like to see the details of the warranty related to racing applications. Not knocking it but I need to see some results based on testing before I put it in my customers cars.
I hear ya Walt, we talked about some of the problems we've seen. Hopefully the GTO Wavetrac will have the quality issues resolved.

On their website, Gforce offers a lifetime warranty on their Strange 9" 35-spline S-trac diff.

Correct, the Strange S-Trac comes with a Lifetime warranty from Strange Engineering. That is for the S-Trac we offer in our 9" kits.
While both Wavetrac and Strange have excellent warranties, we have had a few issues with Wavetracs in 9" kits. Nothing that that Wavetrac or Moser didnt take care of but we've never ever had a single issue with the Strange S-Trac.
The S-Trac for the 9" is considerably beefier internally then the Wavetrac. Strange did a really nice job on them.

What I would like to see if Strange to offer an S-Trac for the GTO :turbonaug

#5 · (Edited)
I am running a wavetrac in the 9 inch Ford. I am pretty confident with it and very happy with it.

#9 ·
Slap my a$$ & call me Sally, cause Im not getting how that applies to our goats!?
Please enlighten me.
Look at the tag on the inside of your door and see who made your car.

#10 ·
A group purchase should be in order for these when they become available....count me in!!

#12 ·
I was about to say I thought chris at Gforce has had these for some time now. From early thread discussion I recall I thought pricing for a full wavetrac rear was $3900+ but thats just off memory I cant say for sure.

#13 ·
I'll have to get one of these when my rear goes...

#16 ·
Holden made the GTO aka MONARO
They also made the G8 aka COMMODORE.
They do not share the same diff.
Would anyone that has been here since before 2011
like to explain how a wavetrac for a commodore
would benefit a GTO?
because the Monaro is a Commodore coupe.

If its for VE, it wont help us. but otherwise we are golden. Lots of older commodores worldwide get raced.

#19 ·
Interesting :thumbs:

#30 ·
Sub'd :cartman:

#33 ·
Still curious what the pricing is for this Wavetrac because i'm about ready for an Eaton True Trac.

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.