LS1GTO Forums banner

Interior Lighting Modification Services - Bohnman & GTO Grilles

52K views 375 replies 101 participants last post by  AdamViper88 
#1 ·
Many of you are familiar with Bohnman's handiwork, swapping out LEDs all over the interior of the GTO. He also installs an AUX-IN modification on the stock radio that doesn't require a CD, just plug and play. Here are a few of threads about his work: Thread 1 Thread 2 Thread 3

Here at GTO Grilles, we're going to be offering a selection of his services on our website! We're very excited about offering these services. For full details on the available options for each service, please visit our website: http://gtogrilles.com/cluster.html

Here are the services currently available:
  • Auxiliary input for your stock radio
LED installation to change the color of:
  • Instrument Cluster
  • Fuel Door Button
  • Door Lock Button
  • Traction Control Button
  • Holden Bluetooth Button
  • Mode Switch
  • Headlight Switch
  • Radio
  • HVAC Controls
  • Steering Wheel Controls (2006 only)
  • Window Switches

If there's something that you'd like to have done that isn't listed, please send an email to bohnman@gtogrilles.com and we'll try to get you an answer ASAP!

Approximate turnaround time is 1 week from receipt of components.

Here are a few more details:
  • You remove the components you want to have modified and send them to us
  • Your packaging will be reused to return your modified parts, so package it well!
  • Approximate turnaround time is 1 week from receipt of parts
  • You must include a fully paid return shipping label in the box you send
  • UPS is the preferred method of shipping
  • Insurance on shipping both ways is required
  • GTO Grilles and Bohnman are not responsible for any damage incurred during shipping.
  • 1 year warranty on all work

Thanks for looking!
Spencer
http://gtogrilles.com/cluster.html

See less See more
#94 ·
Nice picture the blue looks good. I like the red MPH indicator too.

#95 ·
Bohnman,

I have a couple of extra cluster from pulverized GTOs in the area. Few questions....

Will an 04 cluster work in an 06?

How can I tell if it is an 04 cluster?

Can you make the cluster work with my mileage and VIN? Or will it just know my mileage from my computer and dont worry about it?

I don't want to use my original cluster because it's LCD is "scrambling" when I am on the MPH indicator setting. (Don't know if you could fix this). That is my only concern with my original.

Thanks

#96 ·
Bohnman,

I have a couple of extra cluster from pulverized GTOs in the area. Few questions....

Will an 04 cluster work in an 06?

Yes

How can I tell if it is an 04 cluster?

The font is different and the red line is lower.

Can you make the cluster work with my mileage and VIN? Or will it just know my mileage from my computer and dont worry about it?
The mileage is stored on the cluster on the computer. I don't have the programming for the cluster sorry.

I don't want to use my original cluster because it's LCD is "scrambling" when I am on the MPH indicator setting. (Don't know if you could fix this). That is my only concern with my original.

I don't know why it would scramble other than maybe there is a bad solder on the screen has it always done this? I would take it apart and see how the solder connections look on the back of the cluster. Sounds like a pretty bad issue though.

Thanks
Comments in RED

#97 ·
Gosh i wish my shipment of leds would get here soon... LOL i Im going the read theme for mine.. red numbers and screens. with red needles changing to blue. Bohnman do you change out most of the led's in the cluster or just the ones u want to change?

#98 ·
Just the ones that I want the color to change.

#99 ·
Ok good. is it a good idea to use a red led in the RPM area thats in the red zone or does it matter what color is behind there

#100 ·
I wouldn't change that LED. Remember that LED is then diffused through the gauge face which also is painted red. So lets say you put a blue light behind it..... Then it will illuminate Green'ish. But if that's what you are looking for Knock your self out.

#101 ·
nope thats not what i was looking for mr. smarty. ;)

#102 ·
All Done! Thanks again Jeff, I love it man! :D

#103 ·
#104 ·
Nice job man, I kinda want to send my cluster back to you now.... :lol: Does the speedo get brighter as well, kinda lets you know your "speeding"? :D

#105 ·
#106 · (Edited)
can u activate the shift light? nevermind just read the website.

#107 ·
Sale is about to end. Pay now and ship your stuff later. :)

#108 · (Edited)
I'll be around the house this weekend if anybody want to stop by and get there radio done shoot me a PM.

Sorry I posted this in the wrong thread

#109 · (Edited)
do you got any pics of yellow leds??? i was thinking about doing that but i wanna make sure i'm gonna like it. probably either yellow numbers and either red or orange screens?? if you got pics of either setup please send them.

#110 ·
#111 · (Edited)
OMFG yes!!!! is that red or orange for the screens??? after the holidays i'm sending alot of pieces your way to do that exact setup.

#113 · (Edited)
I'm probably going to send in my stock radio to have the colors changed to match my cluster (which was done by Chris White a few years back). It should help in selling the car to have a matching radio. I had an aftermarket radio at the time so my stocker has been sitting on a shelf. Do you have better pictures of where the aux input is mounted on the face of the radio? I think adding an aux input to the radio would be another great selling point. Thanks!

#114 ·
The input is mounted in the tool hole next to the volume knob you can't even see it once it is installed. What color are you going to go with?

#115 ·
My cluster is red LCD with blue numbers so probably the same combo for the radio. Does the aux input interfere or otherwise prevent the radio from being removed once installed in that location? Thanks. I will be in contact soon.

#116 ·
THe only thing is you will only need to insert a tool into the 4 remaining holes and not the 4th one. other than that the radio stays in fine and it's not a problem.

#117 ·
Is chris white the only one that can program the shift light?
Tom

#119 ·
I emailed him and he is still turning the shift light on but no longer doing the light changes. Honestly the shift light isn't that big of a deal to me I want my cluster to have a red background. I baby may car as it is I would never see the shift light. Now I just need to wait till after christmas and then pull all my stuff out and send it to you.
Tom

#120 ·
But you need a x-mas gift for your self too :)

#123 ·
Jeff,

The LED that you just installed on your car, that lights up with increase in RPM, can that be had in any color? Is that the "color changing" option on the gtogrilles.com order page?

Also, how much time do you need to basically do everything? Without killing yourself, of course!

#124 ·
I've been turning them around in a day it takes me 4 hours. so if I happen to get more than one in a night that probably wont hold true. BUt not a problem so far.

I have two different intensity for blue and white that's it right now but if you want something special give me a few days to find it before you ship your parts. I haven't driven my car since I did mine so I don't even know if how it looks yet.

#125 ·
Color options

White Screens with white numbers

Red Screens With White numbers

Orange Screens with white numbers

Blue Screens with White Numbers

Stock :barf: Green with Green

#126 ·
Hay bohnman, i've sent my Traction button, windows swtichs, mode switchs and head light swtich to be changed to red. Well, unfortunatly it hasn't been received so far and it's been almost like 15 days. anyway hopefully they are in the way.

I've ordered the stock from GM for those components in case if shipment get lost(that's why i just don't like items to be shipped using regulare mail)

now, i wanna change the lights for my cluster to all red however, i'm afried of two things:

1- Sending out the cluster would cost me alot of money just for shipping. believe it or not it cost around 300$ just for shipping.
2- i'm afrid when you ship it back to me, it will take time or it might be lost as the other items.

I'm thinking about doing the modification my self, but i will need help to let me know what's the Watt the you are using in the cluster leds. or if it's possible can you send me over the leds?

I'm feeling so bad that i'm not in the US and get easy access to you guys.

Ed

#127 ·
Sending you a PM now.

#129 ·
Bringing this back to light for the new year :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.