LS1GTO Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

A/r-50 m12 dual ball bearing turbo

4K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  Lonestar 
#1 ·
Can my 04 GTO handle the A/R 50 turbo? Would i have to do anything? other then a tune? I dont know much about turbos at all

#3 ·
1) Use the search feature on this site.

2) No, a tune is most defiantly not the only thing you will need. The injectors and fuel pump will need to be upgraded as well, and depending on what transmission you have you will need to add a few other things.

3) Turbocharging a GTO isn't a easy task, especially for someone that has 0 knowledge of turbos to begin with. My advice to you (if you really want forced induction) is to find a used P1SC procharger and put that on the car instead. You will still need to upgrade the fuel pump/injectors and get a good tune.

PS: you will get more help from experienced/knowledgable members on here if you type in complete sentences

#7 ·
Turbonator FTW..

I am sure someone with the updated version of te turbonator will chime in soon enough.

Also,Use the search feature and find out abt the 30 second t/c mod. That alone is good for unlocking 30whp.. Some 06s have seen upto 50whp.

Also do ask around about the best CAI. That should unlock a lot of power too. And while u're at it might as well research the exhaust washer mod. Your GTO will sound pretty cool.

That being said, do you have any tattoos?
23 rwhp with a leaf blower, much better route

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ7YWT6rX0o
:lol:

#5 ·
Turbonator FTW..

I am sure someone with the updated version of te turbonator will chime in soon enough.

Also,Use the search feature and find out abt the 30 second t/c mod. That alone is good for unlocking 30whp.. Some 06s have seen upto 50whp.

Also do ask around about the best CAI. That should unlock a lot of power too. And while u're at it might as well research the exhaust washer mod. Your GTO will sound pretty cool.

That being said, do you have any tattoos?

#8 ·
Run geetz a Turbonater NAO! :rules: Bestest mod out there for an 04 GTO! Trust me Ima Doctor :turbonaug

#10 ·
Ive read about the turbonators im sorry but i think they are probably shit. I did research Air intakes best i found said 28 hp and like 25TQ but dont know if thats accurate.

as far as super chargers go all i would need is a fuel pump injectors and the super charger its self? then a tune?

#13 ·
1) yes turbonators are shit.... :facepalm:
2) yes everyone else is fucking with you, because it's apparent you haven't done any real research
3) yes, a fuel pump/injectors and a tune are all you need to run the supercharger. Don't expect to run more than 100-150whp over stock before needing to do other modifications to the engine.

You would be best off finding a used supercharger KIT, and not trying to piece the kit together yourself. Keep in mind that you will have to get the car towed to whatever shop will tune it after the parts are installed, or else you have a very high chance of blowing the engine.

Also, if you're automatic you should look into adding a transmission cooler to help the transmission live a little longer. Another thing to do would be adding a larger capacity transmission fluid pan which will also help keep it's temperature down with the added power.

#12 ·
Lonestar...hahahah.....you are becoming MisterMike jr. right in front of our eyes....

This is showing promise to be EPIC.

#14 ·
If you put this in your post:

Can my 04 GTO handle the A/R 50 turbo? Would i have to do anything? other then a tune? I dont know much about turbos at all

Then you have absolutely no business starting a thread in the FI section about turbos.

I did probably 4-5 months of research before I dare post in someone else's thread, much less making my own.

This may seem like a dick response, but really, if you're not willing to educate yourself by reading and searching, and actually asking a legitimate question, you shouldn't be thinking about going turbo. There's no easy way to do it, no cheap way to do it, and you're honestly better off getting a SC (no slight meant to blower guys).

There's lots of good info in the FI, and the guys in here are very knowledgeable and friendly. You just have to do the legwork before you jump in.

#19 ·
If you put this in your post:

Then you have absolutely no business starting a thread in the FI section about turbos.

I did probably 4-5 months of research before I dare post in someone else's thread, much less making my own.

This may seem like a dick response, but really, if you're not willing to educate yourself by reading and searching, and actually asking a legitimate question, you shouldn't be thinking about going turbo. There's no easy way to do it, no cheap way to do it, and you're honestly better off getting a SC (no slight meant to blower guys).

There's lots of good info in the FI, and the guys in here are very knowledgeable and friendly. You just have to do the legwork before you jump in.

wow if you all want to be bitches thats straight, my bike will own any gto on here. I dont have time for bullshit, It was a thread to figure out what to do not for you fuck faces to be ****y assholes on the net. I know bikes, not cars i asked for help and you god damn retards have to be dicks. Thats whats wrong with america, fuckers like you I dont know why i fight for your asses over seas your just a bunch of goat fuckin ***s

#26 ·
wow if you all want to be bitches thats straight, my bike will own any gto on here. I dont have time for bullshit, It was a thread to figure out what to do not for you smurf faces to be ****y assholes on the net. I know bikes, not cars i asked for help and you god damn retards have to be dicks. Thats whats wrong with america, smurfers like you I dont know why i fight for your asses over seas your just a bunch of goat smurfin ***s
you can look me up on this forum, I genuinely try to help pretty much everyone that comes on here looking for help. Funny you took offense to my post, as I thought it to be pretty mild and fairly straight forward considering you came on here sounding like a damn idiot, having done no research at all. you're lucky you weren't completely crucified. If mind mild response has you all bent out of shape, you don't belong here. There's plenty of internet tough guys, I'm not one of them, and they'll drive you crazy.

That said, I could give a shit about your bike and what it can and can't do. And depending on where you live, you better be prepared to back your shit up because there's plenty of goats on this site that will eat your bike alive.

And I honestly could give a shit about you fighting overseas for me. You're just another douchebag that joined the military so he can act like everyone owes him something. There's tons of soliders that put their lives on the line every day and that don't come in here and wave their dick around like you are. You're a disrespect to them, what they stand for and the uniform they wear.

I have the utmost respect for all of them, many of my own family and most of my friends included, and what they do, and support them in any way I can. So go smurf yourself, sell your goat because you're a Lonestar, and get back on your bike where you belong.

#15 ·
^^ I agree. Nothing straight forward or easy about a turbo system in a GTO.

#16 ·
BTW, I bet this is animalwarfest

#17 ·
Ignore the monkeys, do some searching and reading to get educated on whats involved.

#18 ·
Yeah pay no attention, nothing to see here....

#23 ·
This thread...wow.

First off, you're not sending a text message to some shorty you met at the club last night. Try to type in a coherent fashion.

Secondly, don't get pissed off because you're treated like a retard when you talk (type) like a retard. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it must be a retard.

Third. Being in the military doesn't really make you that special. Sure, you're serving your country. But having spent the last 8 years serving myself, I know I'm not going out waiving my damn CAC card in the streets looking for handouts. Grow up.

#29 ·
Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.