LS1GTO Forums banner

How to install poly rear end link bushings

5K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  ohio tim 
#1 ·
I recently ordered some Energy Suspensions sway bar bushings. The rear mount set surprisingly also came with a set of end link bushings. However, the bushings are solid and have shoulders at both ends. The SLP bushings I was planning to use are split down the middle so each half can be inserted from either side of the loop in the end link.

Is there some way to insert the poly (solid) bushings as they are or should I split these down the middle and insert the halves from either side?

See less See more
#2 ·
I was going to order the SLP's as well, but also heard about the Energy bushings. I have the same question you have - so can't help with a response but would sure like to know the answer :)

#5 ·
Can the shouldered bushings really be pressed through the eye at the end of the links without damaging anything? I have a 12-ton press which is more than capable of applying the required pressure, but I'm concerned that trying to press them through will rip off the shoulder as it tries to compress to go through the eye of the link.

#8 ·
I'll give it a try. I just cancelled my SLP bushing order (they were back ordered luckily). Just as well since the SLP bushings are half again more the cost and don't include sway bar mount bushings. I've always had really good luck with Energy Suspension parts. Their customer service is great too. They really should list their 3-5211 bushing set as including mount AND end link bushings, I bet they'd sell better! (They are listed just as bar mount bushings, at least that was the case where I placed my order.)

#11 ·
This is where it will pay to purchase the Pedders Parts.

The Pedders EP513 kit comes with 8 bushing halves, 4 ferrules, as well as a hardened bolt kit with washers. The Stock bolts are known to break on stock sway bars, and will break on aftermarket sways. This is why we include all of the extra hardware for them with the kit.

Installation of ours is very easy,
Remove the link form the car,
push out the ferrule,
using a screw driver and pry out the old bushings
clean the inside of the link well
Lube the insides of the bushings (NOT the outsides)
install the new bushings in the end links
Push in the ferrules,
install in the car using the new hardware and washers.

#13 ·
One side of the energy bushing has a slight chamfer on it.that is the side that goes in first.
I used a woodworking vise, no sockets,pressed in till it was against the back jaw of vise.moved it to the edge of vise, ****ed it ,quarter turn and they pop through.all 4 in less than 1minute.
I e mailed energy when I received Mine and those were the instructions they gave me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.