LS1GTO Forums banner

Rhys Millen's GTO specs

12K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  RONINDICE 
#1 ·
I'm sure some of you would be interested in this..

Engine Type V8 Gen III LS1

GM Racing High Flow Heads: GM Part #88958665
GM Racing High Performance Cam: GM Part #12480110
Greddy 60mm Water & Oiler Pressure Gauges
Displacement: 5.7L
Maximum Output: 490 HP @ 6007 RPM
438 lb.ft of Torque @ 5406 RPM
Induction: Greddy Airnix Filter 200mm

Drivetrain: Factory close ratio 6 speed Transsmision
Exedy Twin Plate Clutch & Flywheel
Kaaz Limited Slip
3.91 Rear Axle Ratio
Exhaust: 4-2-1 1 3/4 in. Coated Mild Steel Headers
RMR High Flow Exhaust System
Brakes Front: Grex Custom 6 Pot Caliper and 14in Rotor
Rear: Grex Custom 4 Pot Caliper and 12in Rotor
Steering: Modified Factory Rack and Pinion
Front Suspension: Intrax Custom Adjustable Height and Dampening Coilover
Intrax Adjustable Front Sway Bar
Rear Suspension: Intrax Custom Adjustable Height and Dampening Coilover
Intrax Adjustable Rear Sway Bar
Tires Yokohama ES100
Front: 225 x 40 18R
Rear: 265 x 35 18R
Wheels: RacingHart CP-F Tune R (Dazz Motor Sports)
Front: 18 x 8 w/40mm offset
Rear: 18 x 9 w/50mm offset
Interior Seats: Sparco Evo (Fiberglass)
Belts: Sparco 3 inch Racing Harnesses- Black
Steering Weel: Sparco Monza
Exterior: RMR Front Bumber
RMR Side Skirt Set
RMR Rear Bumper
Veilside Carbon Fiber Rear Wing
Lexan Windows (Front Sides and Rear)

Some of you may call this rice, but IMO it's a lot harder to slide a 490hp gto thru turns then it is to drive a straight line. If anyones interested, check out gtodrift.com

See less See more
#3 ·
What is the rear end?

RMRGTO said:
Thanks a lot for bringing up gtodrift.com . You can find results and future races posted on there as well. Keep checking the site for updates!

- Team RMR
Hey guys,

I noticed that you replaced the stock diff with a Kaaz differential. I am considering replacing the stock diff also for use as an occasional SCCA Solo car.

My problem is that I don't know what type of rear is under the car so that I can find out what differentials are (or are not) available.

Lastly, I have been watching with interest, as a Board member of the Washington D.C. Region of the SCCA, your participation in drifting. I wish you folks all the luck in the world.

Thanks!

Jim Howard

#5 ·
Just saw the Millen GTO on Rides. Should be on again at midnight CST, 1 am EST. Didn't do too well, the show was covering the car when it had just been built and hadn't been sorted out yet. I was interested because the car had a Pontiac version of the HSV front clip on it. I'm not much on appearance mods myself, but I really liked the lines on this front clip.

#6 ·
That was a repeat show came out few months ago. My issuse is that they on the show claim the motor makes 470 hp on the site they claim 490hp, Then they tell u they have a cam and heads and gain 140 hp cmon guys be honest what u got???????????????

#7 ·
wheelburns said:
That was a repeat show came out few months ago. My issuse is that they on the show claim the motor makes 470 hp on the site they claim 490hp, Then they tell u they have a cam and heads and gain 140 hp cmon guys be honest what u got???????????????
SLP has an H/C kit that claims between 485-500hp depending on what time you open up their website. *shrugs*

#8 ·
wheelburns said:
It is constanly changing. They are on their third car now. I believe the show said they had dropped about 800 lbs of weight; as of a few weeks ago Rhys told me it was 1100 lbs lighter IIRC.

As for the hp numbers you mention, remember to take into account which numbers are at the wheels and which are at the crank. I believe those numbers you mention are at the wheels. So if you take a stock LS1 which is around 290-300hp at the wheels on a Dynojet 248C, add 140hp for heads and cam, you're at about 430-440hp at the wheels. Add the headers, exhaust, intake and aggressive tuning and the 490hp number is about accurate.

The front clip is a nice piece however take into account that you will be about 3.5" off the ground if you ever decide to install performance springs and only about 4.5" off the ground with the stock springs and tires. Worse with low profile track tires, say 245/35-17 and Eibachs will put you at 2.75" off the ground...and it sticks out pretty far which makes even getting in and out of driveways difficult at best. Not too streetable but it does look good. :)

--
Mike Lewis
PFYC

#9 ·
Well I'm proud to say one of the local race clubs I'm a member of has taken the role of staffing all drifting events for D1GP both in Japan and the USA. I am a co-manager of the team and will be keeping this section informed of all the drifting events as they are scheduled. We'll also get to travel to Japan and staff the events there!

Our first upcoming event this year (2004) is a Driver Search (Drifting) at California Speedway on the weekend of Dec. 11th. The Drifting Championships pitting the ten best Japanese drivers against the ten best American drivers will be at the same venue the weekend of Dec. 19th. The winner at the Dec. 11th search gets to drive in the 19th Championship!

It is my understanding we'll be holding monthly events thru-out 2005 for driver searches and drift training at either Irwindale or California Speedway. There should also be at least three major events in the USA plus four in Japan in 2005. I'll keep the forum up-dated as to when and where when these events are finalized!

Those of you interested in drifting and learning the techniques should go to Amazon.com and search for the DVD titled "Drift Bible". Very informative!

:hail: :hail: :hail:

Got drift?

#10 ·
I read in the C&D article that Millen had lightened the car by 800 pounds. Does anyone know what was removed?

#11 ·
All the seats, door panels, stereo, center console, etc. Basically anything that wasn't needed for the safe operation of the car.

#12 ·
stonebreaker said:
I read in the C&D article that Millen had lightened the car by 800 pounds. Does anyone know what was removed?
about 800 pounds of sheetmetal. anything unecessary was removed from door sheetmetal to tow hooks. also a 1.5" cage vs a 1.75" cage and a few other things i cant remember off hand.

good to see the car doing well, ill check this forum more often for updates.

#14 · (Edited)
The last driver's search for the year will be Dec. 11th at Irwindale. The winner of this heat will join the nine other winners from the USA and go head-to-head against the ten best drivers from Japan on Dec. 18th & 19th at the California Speedway in Fontana!

Come on down to both events! Hell! Come on and drive in the search! I'll be there for both events working the staff!

#15 ·
Front Clip

stonebreaker said:
Just saw the Millen GTO on Rides. Should be on again at midnight CST, 1 am EST. Didn't do too well, the show was covering the car when it had just been built and hadn't been sorted out yet. I was interested because the car had a Pontiac version of the HSV front clip on it. I'm not much on appearance mods myself, but I really liked the lines on this front clip.
actually th front clip is a mixture of as far as i can see 3 different clips.
The main intake and body of the clip is from a VY holden Commodore V8Supercar Race Car and the top outside is modified to suit the VT/X/2 shape while the grill is some sort of pontiac after market grill from what i can guess.

I absolutely love this clip - i noticed it was also used on the GTO in the LAST RIDE which we just got on DVD here in Oz.

#17 ·
Diff

JimHoward said:
Hey guys,

I noticed that you replaced the stock diff with a Kaaz differential. I am considering replacing the stock diff also for use as an occasional SCCA Solo car.

My problem is that I don't know what type of rear is under the car so that I can find out what differentials are (or are not) available.

Lastly, I have been watching with interest, as a Board member of the Washington D.C. Region of the SCCA, your participation in drifting. I wish you folks all the luck in the world.

Thanks!

Jim Howard
I don't know who makes the diff but I've heard its a helical type like a Torsen.
I'm also a DC Region SCCA (Blue GTO in Sterling) member and could use some tips on Autocrossing at FedEx such as tire and brakes.
To everyone else thanx for the info, keep it coming. Oh, have Drift Bible and it well worth the money for anyone into drifting.

#18 ·
The RMR GTO was at DAZZ mototrsports warehouse in Azusa Ca the other day. My girlfriend works there and called to tell me it was there. I asked her to see if her boss would let me take it for a spin....LOL. By the way if anyone likes any rims on the Dazz site....Contact me and perhaps I can work a bit of a deal. www.dazzmotorsports.com
:hail:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.