LS1GTO Forums banner

fiberglass ram air 05-06 hood

2K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  gtOHnoes 
#1 ·
#17 ·
That always turns me away unless I have a specific reason to buy from that certain company. I cannot stand it when a car parts company is that stupid to not proof read the listing before posting it lolz.

#5 ·
So $775+200(shipping) for a fiberglass hood that just redirects airflow to the stock air filter location? From the what it shows in the pics it doesn't look like it allows much air flow through it's "vent" either. I'd rather just get a OTRCAI and take out the cutouts in the factory hood. Saves some $ and seems to have better effect.

#6 ·
THIS^^^^^

#7 ·
yes but this is much lighter than our stock hoods i completely agree with what you said except id like this for how much lighter it is

#10 ·
If you're looking for weight reduction then you should try another site/brand. I know you can find Duraflex fiberglass hoods for less than $400 or a VIS carbon fiber hood for 1100 if $ isn't an option. I've even seen a CBK carbon fiber hood for 639. Bottom line is shop around and do some comparisons. Don't fall for gimmincks like the "redirected" air vent. Especially since a OTRCAI makes the stock vent locations functional.

#9 ·
ZOMG. A compression duct. Sign me up.

#18 ·
I'm having issues with my carbon by design hood. First, there were visible waves in the carbon itself. Some places even look like something tried to poke through the carbon. I'm having to paint it now because of that. My other major issue is the threaded hole in the hood for the hood strut nipple. It's the wrong size for the oem part. Has anyone else had these issues? I've been trying to deal with CBD directly but getting very little response other than the usual salesguy BS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.