LS1GTO Forums banner

Trunk plugs and touch up paint

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  high school goat 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. So I recently took my stock spoiler off. As many, it's gonna be a while before I get it professionally done and I just really hate the way it looks with it on so I want to keep it off. I'm havin trouble locating rubber or poly plugs locally to fill the holes. Also, local paint is stupid expensive.

Here's my questions: Im looking for a place online that sells the plugs I need and the touch up paint I need. I'm a BOM if you can't tell and I have the paint code written down. I've found some stuff online in different posts, but the places listed in those posts either don't exist now or don't get specific enough. And for the paint, I've found several places online but I'd like to order from the places others have had good luck with before spending money on crap.

Any info y'all have I'd appreciate. Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#2 ·
I got my plugs at Lowes.. I can't remember the exact sizes but I'm sure there somewhere on here. And for paint... I had extremely good luck with Duplicolor but I'm PBM. I'm sure BOM is a bitch to match up. Duplicolor is at oreillys, auto zone etc. have you checked in those places?

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

#4 ·
If I remember correctly, you'll need four 1/4" plugs, and one 3/4" plug. I have about 20 of them in my garage. I bought them in hopes of painting them for other people, but the demand never really got off of the ground because people would rather have them filled professionally. In which, I agree.

You can get a spraycan of your paint from automotivetouchup[dot]com. I purchased a quart of BOM paint from them last summer and the match was spot-on!
You'll need a can of clearcoat too.

When I painted the plugs a while back, I'd first sand them -because of two reasons:
First, they had a slightly rough texture and I'd smooth them out.
Second, they were slightly "domed" and sanding the center would flatten them out and help them blend in better with the surface of the trunk.

Just verify your paint code; 66U/WA347N

#5 ·
Hey everyone. So I recently took my stock spoiler off. As many, it's gonna be a while before I get it professionally done and I just really hate the way it looks with it on so I want to keep it off. I'm havin trouble locating rubber or poly plugs locally to fill the holes. Also, local paint is stupid expensive.

I've found several places online but I'd like to order from the places others have had good luck with before spending money on crap.
If your buying plugs instead of getting the holes filled, you're already spending money on crap. LOL!!!

Seriously though, if you aren't able to get them filled properly for a while, then you really shouldn't be doing it at all.

#6 ·
Get the sticker overlays from Grafxwerks.com They look the best as they blend pretty well, and are already your car's color. I use them when I get in a spoilerless mood for a week or so lol. They're like $12 I believe. Takes a little bit to get them as they come out of Canada, but not too bad.

#8 ·
I've always wanted to go spoilerless too and I would go with plugs or stickers in case I change my mind a few weeks later.. I think that's smart. As long as its sealed well why should you get it professionally filled.. ya you can see the plugs but only if looking at the car from up close.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.