LS1GTO Forums banner

Hello from '06 BOM in the Seattle area

8K views 147 replies 30 participants last post by  cncmasterofor 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. Just bought my new to me GTO today. '06 brazen orange M6 with 48k on the clock. Stock other than a magnaflow catback(which is funny because that's the one I wanted but didn't want to spend that much money on).

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. Live in the bothell area. Don't see many around which is cool and not so cool at the same time. Hopefully there's a meet up around these parts at some point. Would be cool to see others around here.

Thanks
Dick

#2 ·
Congrats on the find and welcome aboard !! I think there are quite a few up there that have meets and so forth, someone up there will surely get in touch with you. :)

#4 ·
Awesome color with stock 18's! Get some pics up and welcome!

#8 ·
Sweet 06 BOM, Dick! How many miles on it?

#9 ·
Hey, welcome. There are a bunch of us around. Some daily drivers that you may see and some that only come out on special occasions. There is a local GTO club that is heavy with classic GTO's but quite a few (like me) new gen cars too (the web site shows 10 of 78 are new gen). Not much activity in the winter but a bunch of stuff in the summer. Keep an eye on this board and maybe the local club site too. http://www.northwestlegends.com
Keep an eye for the Muscle Car Meet at the Triple X drive in in Issaquah, WA in August 2013 and new this year will be a second muscle car event, both sponsored by the GTO club, and the new one will be at Griot's in Tacoma, WA in September 2013.
The other big event is the Tiger Run in Bend, OR in June 2013 put on by the Oregon GTO club, the Goat Herd. Jason of that club has the king of BOM's!
Seen here in Issaquah (in a photo that belongs to Jason - I love this shot).

Again, welcome!

Attachments

#10 ·
GREAT BUY! Welcome. :)

#11 ·
Excellent find and great color. I am one of the DD up here in the NW that BookBinder was talking about. I am up north every once in a while- I go to Speed Secrets in Monroe for work on mine.

#14 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome. Ill definitely check out the local gto forum an look out for a m&g. I've been to XXX in issaquah so I'm familiar with the area, and there is always a cool group of cars, or so it seems.

I am in love with this color. Always have. It's the only one ive ever seen in person actually. So I'm thrilled to have it. Cant wait to see it in the sun now. With 48k on the clock, I'm hoping I finally found the car I will keep for a long time. I've always wanted one, so I'm here to stay, probably haha.

So y'all allow build/documentary threads here or is there a better place for it?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#15 ·
Awesome find, man. Welcome to the herd.

#16 ·
It's ok if you post one here far as I know.

And welcome to the board. BOM is a very nice color. Seen a few in person and the color does pop.

And you will have to see Jason's in person. His build on his goat is top notch (same color).

#17 ·
That's good to know. And thanks on the color compliments.

I saw a grey/blue(unsure of color name) on the way to work going south on 405. It's the only other one I ever see.

So this week I've ordered a new intake and a new Mgw-p shifter. Gonna get a dyno run Saturday with some autocross guys and see where my baseline is. Oh and I hopefully will be picking up a set of stock 18s tonight. That's the best news haha.

#116 ·
I saw a grey/blue(unsure of color name) on the way to work going south on 405. It's the only other one I ever see.
Here's a vid of a "cam only" GTO putting down 441rwhp. I was very impressed he got there with only a average sized cam though he did have a FAST intake manifold.

That grey/blue GTO might have been my new GTO as I drive 405 southbound every morning. It's a '05 with a '04 hood, spoilerless and badgeless. It's technically blue, but in bright sunlight it looks purple, and at night it looks grayish. Was it this one? It's Steve Burgess's old car in case any of you recognize it. I flew down to San Fran where he moved to and drove it up. It has all the suspension mods you could ever want on it, the whole and entire Pedders Street 2 setup with every upgrade possible. Rides a bit rough, but handles awesome! Brakes got the normal slotted rotor/pad/braided lines upgrade also: he wanted and got a dedicated track car. Now it's mine, at least until my son gets back home from afghanistan in july and I give it too him.

#19 ·
Looks like it has a sunroof? We will most likely meet you this summer, enjoy your car!

#21 ·
Nice! I've wanted a sunroof from day one.

#22 ·
Thanks. I'm glad it has one. One more thing to worry about(leaks wind noise etc) but cool that its there. Wife hates orange, but likes the sunroof. So just remind her it is there when she says she doesn't like the color. Better say that than she's f'n looney for not liking the color.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.