LS1GTO Forums banner

Did some painting yesterday

2K views 29 replies 23 participants last post by  Tyler Z28 
#1 ·
I have been saying I wanted to paint some parts on my car for a few months now, so yesterday me and some buddies got the stuff and finally did it. I did the fake sap mod, painted the kidney grills and plasti dipped my wheels black. The plasti dip is temporary. I wanted to do it that way so I could see how I liked it before I did something more permanent. I really like the way it all turned out.

See less See more
#4 ·
Looks great man

#6 ·
Thanks for sharing. I'm thinking about doing the lower bumper after installing the SAP lower grill from WCS.

#14 ·
Awesome piece, great company

#7 ·
looks awesome ..paint that spoiler black as well and it would be the finishing touch

#13 ·
I thought about it but I think Im going to get the mav man lip spoiler and I will probably paint that black when I do. Im going to tint the tail lights very soon and I will decide on the spoiler after that.

#12 ·
I didnt tape off the grill. The pictures of the masking is all i taped off. What do you mean by the whole inside of it?

#10 ·
Looks great. Paint the hood scoops black. Since you have the fake sap and black kidney's as do I, it will complete the package.

#21 ·
yep, did mine a few months ago, great mod and easy! looks great with my mav man and depo tails :)
too bad i'm not a raiders fan, my black and silver theme is really coming together!

#22 ·
Haven't seen this fake SAP mod, but it does look nice! Did you paint the lower bumper with a rattle can or an actual paint gun?

#25 ·
its rattle can but it looks really good. I was pretty skeptical about it at first, then i saw that my buddy did the same thing with his 350z and it turned out great. Prepping is the most important part. Take your time and do it right the first time so your not trying to fix your mistakes.

#30 ·
I did this same thing on my cobalt SS and it came out good, yours looks good but it's just not my cup of tea on the GTO's I like the clean stock look. I pulled my bumper and painted the kidneys and lower grill with 5 coats of glass black and it came out sweet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.