LS1GTO Forums banner

SLP LMI catback install and clip

2K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  markpetersonii 
#1 ·
So I'm in the works of ordering headers, but I bought this catback on a good local deal I found in the classfieds. I'll be ordering LTs this week or next (as soon as I make up my mind).

Install wasn't bad, bolts were a pain but got the stock system off. Holy crap that thing was heavy. Only issue I had was getting the x-pipe lined up with my mids. No matter what I tried the outer bolt on the driver side mid would not line up. I fiddled with it for 3 hrs and finally said F it. Running 3 bolts and leak free currently! I'll be replacing the mids when I do headers anyway.

Short sound clip, liking it so far. I'll make another once I get the headers on. Hope this works:
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums...1B-B71B-A97ADF786DEB-637-000000514C08201E.mp4

#3 ·
I have the same cat back and I love the sound, but I want mine a little louder. I will be putting headers on mine in the next few months. My neighbors are going to hate me when I come home from work at 3am :)

#5 ·
Haven't ordered yet as I cannot decide if I want to go catless or not. Why would I hate it with no cats? Enlighten me? I've listened to thousands of exhaust clips and the SLP seems to be one of my favorite.

#6 ·
Listening to exhaust clips on youtube is nothing like when you're driving with and physically HEARING the exhaust tone. Do a search here for "drone". I didn't really know what it meant until I installed deletes on my stock setup years ago. Kinda makes the fillings in your teeth loosen up! Installing LT's will make it all the more enjoyable...

Converters will break up the sound a very tiny bit. I personally don't think they make much of a difference though.

Looking forward to your "I just got pulled over from some d-bag cop that gave me a ticket for having a super-loud exhaust" post.

Good luck :)

#7 ·
Ya it drones some around 2200 rpm, but I daily drove a 01 Z28 with open headers to UH and back for 5 years so I think I'll be ok. Plus, I kept my stock catback incase I ever need to put it back on. Plus plus, I went to highschool with most of the local PD and we have an understanding!

#9 ·
I have headers and the LM1 and love the sound. I have a M6 which I have heard makes a difference as Im not suck in any drone spot. All my drone went away with adding headers. And at idle, I can creep in at 2am without any complaints from my neighbors. Catless isn't much louder, but smells a bit different so if you can deal with it your fine. I love the sound of my LT's and SLP LM1 setup. Not raspy at all but it does pop on decal, though I do not have a tune(which will help it a bit). Either way, you will like your exhaust tone, I didn't like the fitment(the slip fit stuff sucks).

#10 ·
Well I guess there's only one way to find out! I'm waiting on my bank to clear my bonus/expenses check and I will be making a phone call to Marylandspeed.

#12 ·
Back in the day when I was running LTs with turn downs on my Z28 cops would tell me it sounded good. Never had an issue with it in my area. Or no front license plate. So it is not a concern of mine. Besides there are enough F250s rollin around with exhaust so loud your ears start to bleed. One in my neighborhood, no idea how the guy can drive it, he most be deaf.

#23 ·
Pulled the trigger on some catless JBA LTs today. Should be nice and obnoxious once installed. I'm sure ill be swapping out catbacks eventually, but oh well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.