LS1GTO Forums banner

Used kit

855 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  5.7-gto 
#1 ·
I have a buddy that is wanting to sell me his nitrous kit. It came of a 5.3 pickup, comes with everything bottle with pressure gauge,6 jets from 35-150, new bottle heater and what ever else goes with a nitrous kit for 200. Is that a decant price? Id need a different switch because I have a m6 gto but is that about it? And to I just have a stock engine so am I just asking for trouble with this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#2 ·
Well with nitrous and all power adders you are asking for trouble without a forged bottom end or at least pistons and rods if not tuned properly. just make sure you don't turn it on below 3000 rpms back a little timing out and sneak up on it and you should be ok

#3 ·
Need a bit more info as to what's included and brand name. This is a wet kit with two solenoids, right? Sounds like a basic nozzle kit. Personally, I'd get a TB plate and at least a window switch.

#5 ·
Probably if you pull a couple degrees of timing and use NGK BR6EF spark plugs. Need to check the A/F ratio to make sure.

#9 ·
You will need some way to pull timing regardless. Either with some type of timing controller or with a tune designed around the nitrous. The kit more than likely doesnt come with a timing controller. Also I recommend a wideband when running nitrous.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.