LS1GTO Forums banner

Clutch Replacement

888 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Rguy200073 
#1 ·
Question: I have a 2006 GTO and my clutch slave is leaking so I decided to upgrade my clutch since the tranny is being pulled. I ordered the LS7 clutch instead of an aftermarket clutch but was wondering if it will make that much of a difference instead of ordering the LS2 replacement. Thanks for your comments :)

#3 ·
stick with the LS7, I loved mine, felt just like stock. im putting it back in my car. it held and Im at 480+ RWHP.

#6 ·
LS7 feels great.... You won't regret it.

#7 ·
I've been putting down 480/498 for the last year on an LS-7. Zero regrets.

#8 ·
the comments saying it'll hold 500whp are pretty much spot on as long as you're not constantly beating on it. BUT if you make 500 on motor and spray on top of that, forget it. you'll need something a little beefier. just thought i'd throw that out there since we dont really know your plans

#9 ·
Totally true...not much more than 500hp with all day relibility. The occasional 100 shot will be fine, but anything more and you should look into Monster clutches, Spec clutches although many hate them for our cars. But I assume you wont hit that kind of HP to warrant anything stronger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.