LS1GTO Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Interest in a spoiler like the DMS duckbill?

13K views 118 replies 71 participants last post by  Bbejj123 
#1 ·
Who's interested in a spoiler that would be very, very close to the original DMS duckbill? I've got an original sitting here and there may be some slight tweaks for manufacturability, but nothing very substantial. Just trying to gauge interest at this point in time. Price would probably be around $300 for fiberglass.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#14 ·
They would be subtle things to make manufacturing it a bit easier. Things like smoothing out a couple areas, making a radius or two slightly larger to make assembling it easier during the manufacturing process. I'd also like to reduce the chances of it making contact with the quarter panel on the car.

The DMS ducktail is really the only one of its kind that I like. Hell, I've got one sitting here right now waiting to be painted and mounted. I'd love to see some very similar if not the same on the market.
Thanks for the input!

For around $300 yes I'd love one
That's the target price, if I move forward with this, I'll do everything possible to hit that.

I'd be interested, but cannot guarantee that I could find the spare change.
Thanks for your input!

Would this be available in 2x2 weave carbon fiber?

Wait...nevermind brah.
No brah, wrapped in gucci fabric, brah.

Interested.
Thanks!

Depending on the tweaks then yes
Thanks!

as if you dont have a full plate already spence? your an animal when it comes to work man lol

Im happy with my JHP, but curious how this would look.
I'll most likely have another supplier do the bulk of the work on this for me. That means it will cost me more, but won't take up much of my time.

I would also like to know what tweeks you plan on. And I woukd definitely get one.
Like I said before, small things like making a radius or two larger or a transition a little more gradual to make it easier to manufacture. Is there any area that you're in love with that you wouldn't want changed?

why dont you finish the pending orders first, before taking more money from people
Sent you a PM.

#3 ·
The DMS ducktail is really the only one of its kind that I like. Hell, I've got one sitting here right now waiting to be painted and mounted. I'd love to see some very similar if not the same on the market.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#9 ·
as if you dont have a full plate already spence? your an animal when it comes to work man lol

Im happy with my JHP, but curious how this would look.

#17 ·
____________ has a duckbill copy that has been for sale for years, no one on here really talks about it and the few that had it cried because it had the name stamped in it. They have it in a 1pc and 3pc. Not to try and ruin it for you(reason for no name) just giving you a heads up.

#25 ·
That 3 piece has been discontinued for years (and their one peice might be now too). Their molds wore out and they never got around to making the new ones because the demand wasn't there. I talked directly to the manufacturer about it

#19 ·
#22 ·
CF a possibility?

#23 ·
I would definitely be a customer.

One thing I would like to see changed though is the angle. I wish it didn't kick up much, if at all. I've always loved the look of drag cars that have the spoiler continue right off the trunk and straight out without kicking up.

#24 ·
That's a great product Spencer. Any ideas on a painted price?

#28 ·
I am in for it as long as I like whatever changes are made

#29 ·
I'd like to see it a little smaller. I might be in depending on the final product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.