LS1GTO Forums banner

UPP TWIN TURBO KIT- Official Thread

179K views 1K replies 190 participants last post by  CK@UPP 
#1 · (Edited)
Underpressure Power & Performance is now proud to offer our NEW GTO TWIN TURBO KIT! It’s been under development for some time now, and it’s finally complete. This is a front/top mount design, and comes standard with T04B-SH trim turbos. These are the same turbos with proven power from our very successful C5 and C6 Turbo Corvette kits. These turbos are most efficient ~900hp, and will support up to 1100hp!!
Still not enough? We built this kit with staged upgrades in mind! Our 6182R (GT35R) available WITH AND WITHOUT ball bearings is a direct fit design! These turbos are most efficient ~1100hp and support up to 1300hp!
Included in the kit is:
• 2x T04B-SH Turbos
• 2x Cast manifolds
• 2x Up-pipes
• 2x Down Pipes (3” STANDARD!)
• Front mount Intercooler
• 2x BOV
• 2x 35mm External Wastegates
• All intercooler piping
• All Silicone Couplers (3 ply reinforced STANDARD!)
• All Necessary Hose Clamps (T-Bolt STANDARD!)
• Oil Return Pump (TurboWerx Exa Pump STANDARD!)
• Stainless Oil Feed Lines w/AN Fittings
• Stainless Oil Return Lines w/AN Fittings
• Injectors (YOUR CHOICE IN SIZE*)
• All Necessary Hardware and Brackets
• Battery Relocation Kit
• Spark Plug Wires

This is truly a complete kit, the only thing needed is a good tune from your local Dyno Tuner. We don’t believe in “cookie cutter” one size fits all tunes. Everyone’s car is different and should be treated as such. We do have HPTuners interfaces available separately if you wish to tune yourself.

We’ve been in business for the last 8yrs, and with the success of our C5 and C6 turbo kits we recently upgraded to a 10,000sf facility with a full production line, complete with in-house AWD dynamometer. Our turbo kits feature up-pipes and down-pipes made from 100% stainless steel, and are backed with a LIFE TIME WARRANTY . We have our own line of turbos, and back them with a standard 1yr warranty, but if you’re purchasing them in a kit, rest assured because we DOUBLE that with an unprecedented 2yr Warranty!

$5299.99

Installation Instructions

YouTube

http://youtu.be/roTGZ6Bz57Y

LQ version (490MB) can be found here:

http://www.uppcos.com/video/GTO%20Instructions_lq.wmv

HQ version (1.2GB) is here:

http://www.uppcos.com/video/GTO%20Instructions.wmv

Attachments

See less See more
#1,285 ·
Yes, that's why we choose them. There the same filters with the same turbos that we run on many of our Hondas, and they were actually the first filters that we used on the first revision of the Corvettes (and even then they were crushed down to fit in the small cubby hole).

CK

#1,287 ·
Updates.....

Things went good today. Got everything finished up, and jigs made. The pass DP is REALLY close to where it used to be, if not exact, so hopefully it should be minor adjustments (if any) 05GTO.

We've redesigned the kit so the 04 and the 05 will share parts. Right now the only thing different I can see is the upper radiator hose (which is replaced on both with the kit). The 05/06 kits WILL loose the stock coolant reservoir with the installation of the filters. The fill neck is in the way, so both kits will have a reservoir with them. If for some reason you were really partial to the stock reservoir you could squish the filter around it, but in interest of making everything perfect, we just made a new reservoir (polished aluminum) and relocated it!

I do need some help though guys.
I need to know the exact routing of the lines for the coolant on the 04's. There's 2 ports in the top driver side of the radiator, I believe I have it right that one goes to the coolant tank, and the other to the steam lines on the heads? Are there only 2 ports on the reservoir (3 including the one on the top by the cap which I believe is a dump?)? I've Googled online, but I can't seem to find any really good pics, and I want to make sure there isn't a port hiding somewhere that's unaccounted for.

CK

#1,291 ·
#1,293 ·
I believe there's a link to a thread on the AU forum pertaining to this in the original relocate thread on here, but I don't have an account on the AU forum so I can't read it.

Send a message to JAX04, I'm pretty sure he had an automatic that he relocated. I don't think he gets on this forum much anymore.

#1,296 ·
It's small; if the harness will allow it, there's no reason it couldn't get moved to the other side of the footwell. Is about the size of a 2.5" external hard drive case.

#1,297 · (Edited)
I thought you couldn't do the computer relocate on the 05/06 without major modification? As in people have tried. Oh wells if you can that would be great. One less thing to worry about melting.

#1,299 ·
? Many people have done the 05/06 relocate. I've personally not done it, but have read the threads as I plan to do so... supposedly it only takes a few hours.

#1,302 ·
Were the mods for the A4 difficult?

#1,304 · (Edited)
I don't know of anyone answered this but on the 04 the line that comes out south of the cap is a dump, the other line on the top goes into the rad on the far left, then next to it (on the rad) another line comes out that ( I think ) goes to the TB ( i bypassed it years ago so thats why im not 100% sure ) then out of the TB and to the metal coolant line that connects to the 2 heads. Mine just runs out of the rad to the heads.

The line out the bottom of the bottle goes down runs along the bottom (to the pass side) of the rad cuts over under the a/c compressor then up and T's into the heater hoses. The line out of the T stat housing, makes a U turn and runs across the bottom of the rad to the driver side.

#1,309 ·
Can one of your 04 guys post up a pic of your MAF? Is the IAT seperate from the MAF like the old school ones, or is the one I'm working on just been screwed with? Also it looks like a card style MAF in a plastic housing (but different than the C6 style) Is this stock too?

Updates...we've got majority of the kit installed. I'll post up here when I can. For the most current updates, check us out on FaceBook, as I'll try to be updating that often today.

https://www.facebook.com/UPPCOS

CK

#1,310 ·
I can get you a picture of my stock maf when I get done work. The IAT is separate on the LS1 and integrated on the LS2. I'm not sure what you mean by card style.

#1,311 ·
LS3s and LS7s use a card style MAF that inserts into a slot in the intake tubing. A lot of people who run the Svede intake also convert to a card style MAF.

#1,315 ·
I only read the top part of this page CK, I was able to relocate my 2004 A4 PCM into the cabin behind the kick panel. No issues other than trying secure it in there nice a tight.
Just unpluged the PCM and slid the harness thru without issue. Piece of cake.

Also, for others out there that are running twin setups with the PCM in the original location. Know that mine started to melt wires in the harness over a short period of time. I had taken all the precautions of Hear wrap, thermal tap etc..too.
And once it's moved out of the engine bay, spark plug changes are much easier.

#1,316 · (Edited)
ECU went in without a hitch today. Car is done! Looks like I'm off to Detroit next to pick up Chip's car, and we'll be playing with it in house! 04 kit's should be ready in a couple weeks for shipment. If you're interested start emailing me now as we're going to start compiling a list.

ck@uppcos.com

Attachments

#1,317 ·
Very nice! Is it safe to say that the driver side dumps at the same location also?

I love the look of the mushroom filters in the bay also, can't wait to get my hands on some. ;)

#1,320 ·
Very nice looking setup. Is the car tuned yet?

#1,325 · (Edited)
I am liking the new oil fittings!

1) Looks like the feed line running from DS to PS is routed differently now.
2) Why the change in the return line location? Just because there is no plan on returning this car to stock?
3) I noticed you are using copper RTV now instead of 100% silicon. :p
4) The passenger downpipe is definitely waaay shorter than the original design. Just look at this image:

and compare it to the one in this link (huge image):
http://www.uppcos.com/gallery/IMG_0583.JPG

#1,326 ·
1. We're playing with different fittings

2.this car previously had an sts kit, and it was already routed there.

3. Red rtv is all they had.

4. If that pic is from me originally one was way longer than the otber, but then we cut it back to make them equal. We tried the same on this one.

#1,327 ·
Yeah that is the original picture you took back before you joined these boards... That makes sense then because I didn't feel like the passenger side was that much longer. So the answer will only be known once the new parts have been sent out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.