LS1GTO Forums banner

Iowa Area GTO Sightings

485K views 10K replies 159 participants last post by  mk9190 
#1 ·
Post all sightings from your area here.

#27 ·
ScottK6204 said:
Just had my car out today enjoying the nice weather, man I can't wait til spring! Hey Luxormagic, when are you going to Speed Inc? I am going there this spring also probably in early May. I have done alot to it since you saw it last. I bought some 3.91 gears for it last month through a gp here and now I am going to buy a one piece driveshaft also, so thats why I am going to Speed Inc is to have them install them for me. I am always on this site but this is the first time I have ever checked out the midwest section, I will have to check in here more often!
I have no idea when I'm going to Speed Inc... I want to rent a trailer and not have to deal with rock chips, and that kind of shit but I might just suck it up and drive it over. I should worry less about that kind of shit but it doesn't have a single blemish and I would like to keep it that way.

I will probably do it in the March or April timeframe. Im putting my headers and exhaust on sometime in the next month and want to get it over to Speed as soon as possible after that.

Maybe we could drive over together??

#28 ·
I too am going to go to speed inc for a tune sometime in March or April. I heard these guys are pretty good. I have a Maggie I am going to begin instalation on this weekend and will need a tune for sure. anyhow I havent met many other GTO people maybe we could meet up at Hooters or something when you come thru?

#30 ·
Speed Inc is up near Chi Town

#31 ·
I'd be willing to help install the headers, I should have my stainless works headers by the end of the week. I already removed the entire exhaust system and hung the magnaflow cat back. I haven't decided how to go about getting the drivers side header in (either disconnect the PS lines or raise the engine). But it should only take a few hours max now that everything has been removed.

#32 ·
I am going to Speed Inc. March 30th and drop off my car. That is on a Thursday, my good friend is going also with a 99 SS to get a full dyno tune done on it on Friday the 31st. My car should be done on Friday, they didn't want to promise me that it would be done in one day. We are going to see Ten Years, Mudvayne and Korn in concert that Thursday night at the All State Arena in Chicago! :shiner: Decided not to go with the one piece driveshaft, think I am going to go with the BMR Drag bag set up, also I just ordered my GMM Ripshift.:gears: If you guys want to go then let me know.

#34 ·
Hey I am an Iowa guy from Davenport but Im doing 2-7 years in the Army so they stuck me in FT. Benning Ga. Anyway where did you buy your GMM shifter at? Thanks.

#36 ·
AMUshooter said:
Hey I am an Iowa guy from Davenport but Im doing 2-7 years in the Army so they stuck me in FT. Benning Ga. Anyway where did you buy your GMM shifter at? Thanks.

I think you can only get them from speed inc. here in the U.S. And from down under. Good luck in the service.

#37 ·
JUDGEMENT said:
You probably saw my 04 quicksilver. I live in West Des Moines.
You guys let me know when that gtoshow is in ames. I will definitely be there.

The guy I saw had a Quicksilver 05 A4. I met him at stix while playing pool he came over and found me since there isnt too many goats around we chated a while. We will have to get all the goats together sometime for a meet and greet. I havent been to the Ames show yet.

#38 ·
JUDGEMENT said:
You probably saw my 04 quicksilver. I live in West Des Moines.
You guys let me know when that gtoshow is in ames. I will definitely be there.
Do you work at the Regency complex at 50th and Westown Parkway?

#40 ·
Hey guys, just got my Kooks L/T ordered and ripshift and also cosa sport. I decided to go up to doug rippie motorsport to get it all installed and dyno tuned. Cant wait till spring now. Let me know if you guys want to get together some time.

#41 ·
Anyone still around in here. Got it out storage and put on the corsa's. Still waiting on the L/T and shifter going to install myself now. We need to meet up at porkys sometime on a Sat. Let me know.

#42 ·
2kformula said:
Anyone still around in here. Got it out storage and put on the corsa's. Still waiting on the L/T and shifter going to install myself now. We need to meet up at porkys sometime on a Sat. Let me know.
Good luck on the shifter, just did mine 2 weeks ago. That was one of the most pain in the ass things I have done! You will like the difference though! Going to Speed Inc. in two weeks to get my gears installed and the BMR drag bags installed also, I can't wait.
I go out to Porky's all the time, can't wait for spring! I hope some other GTO owners go out there, last summer I was about the only one. Anybody else ever see the cute blonde with the purple 04 GTO? She is cool as hell, total gear head.

#43 ·
Yes I met a girl with a purple one there last year. She was cool she had just bought it that day and drove it back from MN. I think. Let me know when your going up there would be nice to see some other goats. I have some other friends that would come. One has 99 C-5 heads, cam and 03 Z06 with mods and others. How did you get your car tuned by Formato I would like to have him do mine also after the L/T.

#44 ·
I bought this car off of a fellow member, he lived in Florida. He had all the work done on it at Rev Extreme. So I flew down there last Aug. and drove it back. I went to Rev Extreme and talked with those guys, they were very cool, had Jeremy do a couple other things to the tune and started to head back to Iowa.

#45 ·
Sounds nice I'd like to see it some time. I wish we had a good tuner around here. Have you run it at the track yet? Well stay in touch and I will try and meet you at porks sometime.

#46 ·
I'm definitley up for going to Porky's... when the weather warms up a little bit. My car is still sitting on jack stands waiting for my headers to show up. That has been a huge pain in the arse. I bought one brand in the beginning and had problems with fitment so I sent them back and am now waiting on my Kooks.

I have an appointment at Speed Inc on April 8th for a dyno tune and subframe connectors to be installed. But I'm beginning to think that may not happen, Kooks has not even shipped the headers to Precision Motorsports to be coated. But we will see how it all works out in a few weeks.

#47 ·
I ordered mine from bob as well. He wont p.m me back to let me know when they are coming probably same time you get yours. Nice they bill you right away and then wait two months for them. What brand did you have to begin with S/W? I heard they have some problems with the steering rack rubbing. Also speed Inc said my shifter would be here in 3 weeks that was a month ago. Now they say 2 more weeks. I decided to install headers and shifter myself any of you guys good at tuning? Well see you up there some time when we all get up and running.

#48 ·
Met a new Goat owner at best buy today. Told him about the site hopes he checks it out. Then we could have a good representation at porky's. He had a MBM 04. If he happens to see this welcome to the site.

#49 ·
When is everyone going to Porkys???Luxormagic you might want to call Speed inc.April 8 is their open house and from my understanding is they are not doing any work that day.Has anyone heard when the Ames GTO meet will be??I haven't hear from Andrew yet.How many members here drag race their GTOs and where do you race them at??I have taken mine twice to Cedar Falls last year.

#50 ·
I will go to cedar falls some time this spring. After I get my parts on. I can go to porky's about anytime as long as it is on a Sat. Just set a date and I will try and make it up there.

#51 ·
mk9190 said:
When is everyone going to Porkys???Luxormagic you might want to call Speed inc.April 8 is their open house and from my understanding is they are not doing any work that day.Has anyone heard when the Ames GTO meet will be??I haven't hear from Andrew yet.How many members here drag race their GTOs and where do you race them at??I have taken mine twice to Cedar Falls last year.
Yeah, my appointment is on the 7th, we will hang aroung for the festivities on the 8th as long as my Kooks show up by next Thursday.

I talked to Bob this morning and the headers were shipped from Kooks to him yesterday. He hopes to have them by Thursday or Friday of this week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.