LS1GTO Forums banner

Pics of your old cars that you miss.

9K views 52 replies 43 participants last post by  eric5678 
#1 ·
This was my first new car. I bought it when I was 18 for a birthday present to myself. And yes I paid for it myself. bought new in 2002

This was the first GTO I bought. Barbados Blue Metallic. Which became my g/f at the time's car. Bought new in June 2004

Then I traded the Trans am for this Impulse blue car. Bought new in Sep 2004.

The just some of the cars together with my then g/f's old firebird.

Such good memories in all of those cars. Hard to believe it's been 11 years already since my first LS car purchase.

What have you guys got?

See less See more
#37 ·

I wish I still had this one to convert into a dedicated track car today. I think I found the current owner and may reach out to him.

The CTS-V was a GREAT car! LS6, 6-speed in a 4-door sedan which handled better than the Z28 did.

This was a mistake car. I thought I would be 'ok' with a turbo 4-cyl, and bought it to get out of the V car payments. It lasted about 6-7 months and I sold it. Then bought the GTO.

#39 ·
My first car that I bought (parents helped a little) while in high school was a 00 V6 Camaro.

Lost in an accident by a driver running a light. :(

My Z28 that I replaced it with that I sold for the GTO miss this car quite a bit.

#43 ·

70 Malibu. Was a 307/350 car when I got it. 2 weeks later the cam went flat and I started my senior HS project 355 build with then new & cool Vortec heads.

72 Nova. Started as a 6cyl/PG car. Converted to black interior with the multi-leaf rear out of a 71 Rally Nova. Put the 355/350 from the Chevelle in it.

Even with 2.73 one legger in the Chevelle and 2.56 one legger in the Nova, I won 25 out of 30 street encounters with that motor. Shit was slower back then. LS was brand new and not everyone and their dog had a H/C 200 shot version of one like these days.

#46 ·

#47 ·
My 1st LS CAR 2002 ws6 6 spd sunset orange-only did exhaust to this car

Traded it in for a brand new 2004 gto 6 spd and joined ls1gto.com hit a deer and sold the car shorty afterwards had the car a little over a year, did exhaust intake and nitrous and ran 11.80 on street tires.

Then bought a 2001 ws6 sunset orange 6 spd(yes another one) held on to this car over 5 years and spent all my money on it, head/cam nitrous, moser 9 blah blah and stayed over on ls1tech.com....car was sold on ls1tech last year and now lives in Beaumont, TX

Now, I've been back on ls2gto.com for a month now where I'm am happily back in a 2006 GTO. I don't miss my f-body....the gto's are just nicer cars and I'm getting older and like the ride and the room. Picked up this 06 PBM M6 with a little less than 50K miles with CCWs, prc heads, custom grind cam, fast 102/NW TB, Driveshaft shop DS, KONI's....couldn't be happier.

And there it is with my wife's 09 GT(don't hate they are great girl cars)

#48 · (Edited)
I miss Ole Girl.........for awhile she held the LS2 bolt on record. Of all the cars I've ever owned, Ole Girl was my favorite.

I miss Chrys (Chrystal red metallic was her color), outstanding car. PB was 12.15 @ 115.59 bone stock.

........and I miss Ole Blue, 11.91 was bolt ons only.

#49 ·
First car I bought. Back in 2005/06,

My second.

My first Chevy, my 3rd car. I was hooked! 68 El Camino. Bought it for my 21st B-day. Added the system shortly after.

This one was a mistake.

My 78 Caballero. My fourth car, second elco.

#50 · (Edited)
My current cars.

My 3rd elco before I did body and flat white prime, 2'' cawl hood, body kit. Before everything actually.

Beginning stages of my driveway special I did myself.

Daily beater.

Then there's this beast.

I like cars :shiner:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.