LS1GTO Forums banner

Did most people move on or just busy?

3K views 32 replies 23 participants last post by  RixsGTO 
#1 ·
This section used to be alive and thinking maybe because the car was still newer then and people were more excited about it...so, did most people move on, or just people are too busy these days to post up in here?

#3 ·
I havent been on the forums since the very begining but I must agree that this section is pretty dead.

#6 ·
Yeah, suppose a lot of folks do the facebook thing...while I've had an account there for several years I just don't like to use it, and much prefer forums.

Perhaps it's a little of both then and this crappy economy doesn't help, either.

I just remember when I first bought my '06 and joined this forum, this section used to be hard to keep up with (it seemed) with all the new posts, etc...Even towards the end (mid 2010), while I didn't frequent this forum a whole lot, it *seemed* there was still activity. Fast forward a couple years and it's a shame how dead this section is.

Wouldn't mind doing a couple get together/cruises/shows (although my GTO is stock so nothing special) here and there, but also be nice to check out some "local" discussions, too.

It is what it is, but was curious if anybody knew what happened.

#9 ·
Two words for ya. Gas Prices. Finally it’s getting around the $4.00 again. Just a bit ago it was close to $5.00. Who would have thought we’d see that. Its hard to get big cruises off the ground when you are paying so much for gas. It’s a tuff time for our hobby fellas.

At GM Eternal did a facebook page and while it was convenient and all our website forum dried up. We killed the page and now trying to get the website traffic back. All our video links, pics and such are all over there. But for ease and mobility, its hard to beat FB.

I’d say over all enthusiasm is down across the boards period. I frequent the GTO board, 3rd gen F body, LS1tech and such and its not just here, I see it in a lot of places.

#10 ·
Yeah guess the gas prices has a lot to do with it and so many people not even fortunate enough to be able to find work, the last thing they want to be doing is extra 'car stuff'. Can see that and yeah it does seem like most forums have really slowed down a lot, the more I think about it. So, guess it's just not this one...shame...there were some good times.

#13 ·
Figures, huh? That'd be my luck too.

I must admit I'm not real big on meets and shows and stuff, mainly due to time, but it is nice once in awhile to get out and see other people's rides, meet new folks and get ideas and son and just have a little fun...can't say gas is the reason I don't do it, but it sure does suck we have to spend so much money just to go somewhere...and these things get pretty good mpg too on the highway, so long as we just cruise, ha ha.

Just a shame not more forum activity though, but just the ways things are these days...One nice thing I like seeing in here (this section) is when people put things up for sale locally, although not much $$ just yet (have a bunch of crap to sell myself).

#15 ·
I,m fairly new to the site , But log on when ever I,m at the comp . Just started mods on my 04 ,so I,m here for info ! Still get a thrill when driving the GTO , And plenty of looks and compliments on my ride ! Actually the older they get .the rarer they get ,so the fun will still be there !
MIKE

#18 ·
It's funny when I had my first one, I hardly saw any on the road, even then, but when I sold it, it seemed I started seeing them a lot more for awhile (not like common, but the most I had seen day to day), then of course now that I've bought another I rarely see them again...Saw a couple since though, but most are 05 or 06 and no 04's yet...of course not sure I'll run into another purple one, which is OK with me :)

#20 · (Edited)
I haven't really been posting in this section (mostly trolling) because I'm in the suck, or Middle East as some would call it, since Sep 2011. I've had severe GTO withdrawals. Good to see a few are still keeping this section alive though.

On another note, I'll be in San Diego this weekend until mid-December for a school/class on 32nd Street. I won't have the GTO, as it is in storage with the out-laws in Utah, but is there anything going on during this time? I need a GTO fix.

#21 ·
My three young daughters have taken up most of my free time I had. Still around after 6 years and have not stopped modding. I cannot even find some free time install the UPP tubro kit.

#24 ·
i haven't been on here in a while - Dad's cancer-related death took up most of my time before and after.

one of my favorite canyon carves is Angeles Crest, however this is not the time of year to attempt it. i'd like to cruise it again with other GTOs when the black ice danger is more negligible

#31 ·
Hey Kitty Kat...Sorry to hear of your loss.
Lost my Dad when I was 17... You're lucky to have known your Dad as an adult...what I'd give for just an hours conversation.
Not minimizing your loss though... Lost my Mom Christmas 2010.
92 with terminal Altzheimers, terrible way to go...made me realize there are worse things than death.

Have not been on here much at all.
seems we're limited to one page...that's new.

Your twin is still going strong with 140 K on original suspension !
Still rides and handles great. The only sign of age is front suspension tends to creak on frosty cold mornings, but then, so do I.

I agree, a little dicey on Angeles Crest these days...though I never saw anyone drive faster (crazier ?) in pea soup fog than you.

Here's hoping we can all cruise (quickly) when the weather permits.

JW

#25 ·
My GTO's down again.
Made a loud sound then all the oil started
Pouring out and the car just shut off and won't turn back on.

I'll be away from the car scene even longer:(

#26 ·
Sorry to hear of your dad...that sucks and never an easy thing to go thru!

Angeles Crest/Forest...I like those roads, but damn they can be dangerous from the other idiots on the road. Been years since I've been down it, but can't recall ever taking it 'hard' in anything...the 18 (from SBD direction) though I like to drive more spirited, since it's 4 lanes and you can pass people easily.

Sucks about the car losing oil yuck. Do you know where it's coming from? I wonder if it doesn't start due to lack of oil pressure maybe? Hopefully something simple, but I hate repairs. I mean, love working on cars/machines/trinkets, just not to fix them...to upgrade, sure. To take apart and put back together, cleaning it up, sure...but repairs are no fun and esp. on a DD and having to rush things.

#29 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.