LS1GTO Forums banner

Look whats new for my M122 :)

5K views 45 replies 16 participants last post by  Duchess 
#1 · (Edited)
Thomas had been working on this for awhile and after some waiting for a coating here is the 102MM snout for a M122. I will still be deployed until mid Feb so no testing until then.

Current intake setup Stock 90mm and volant poo box

Soon to add 102 NW TB and Powerchamber :)

I am also going to be adding a chrome Meziere EWP with the new intake setup.
Hopefully I will pick up around 25rwhp & tq. Right now the car has made 591rwhp/ 533rwtq @ CSP & 578rwhp/ 545rwtq @ RaceProvenMotorsports after driving up there and roll racing around 15 times lol.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks good. Must find the patience again to work on getting a snout and TB from Thomas for me. May even be swayed this time by one of these fancy carbon road vacuums.
In for updates on any power hike/IAT difference :)

#4 ·
At the current level most Mseries are done so I am trying to get the most out of the blower. I love the M series whine to much to ditch it for a TVS setup.

#10 · (Edited)
Thomas thanks again for the awesome piece, my dad & brother were impressed a lot by it.
I would not mind if it makes more but, to be fair I will be dropping 1 degree of timing to be easy on the bottom end. I am sure I could get a lot more power by making the AFR 11.5 and running 19 - 20 degrees of timing. My tune is mega safe and having a better intake and cooler charge will be better than just dropping a 2.8 pulley on and increasing boost and heat. That would be cheaper but I don't think it would be smarter to be honest.

This post has been deleted
#11 ·
I wish I had some budlight out here lol, my brother took those pictures for me lol.

#12 ·
you will want a TVS once you ride in one and with the cog, you will trade the whistle for the whine anyday...:turbonaug

and nice piece but the way..Im jealous

#13 ·
I don't know about that. Once a built short finds its way into my goat. The ole 122 is getting sprayed lol. That new Whipple is tempting, but to much damn money.

#14 ·
for 10K+....they can kiss my ass..lol....what you get with the 122 with spray you can get with a TVS by itself with lower IATs...Trust me its worth it just ask any guy who has switched...Even tho I do love that whine..lol..

#15 ·
I am hoping to get around 630 to 650 rwhp out of the M122 once it has a blower cam, IW 8" crank, and a stock displacment LS2/3 thats got forged pistons/rods. Once I can spin it faster and change the tune alittle it will pick up some power. It has 17 degrees right now and a 10.5 AFR.

#19 ·
Very nice, looking forward to seeing what you get out of it. Especially the IATs.

#21 ·
Thanks Thomas, less than 3 weeks :) Really ready to see the wifey. I hope to have the rear in the car and sorted out by the 21st of Feb. Then its time to do a baseline dyno, install the aresal of awesome parts (much thanks for the intake and snout!) & head back to the dyno. I am going to save the datalogs so people can see what the difference is. I hope to pickup a little bit of boost..

#23 ·
Hey John,still down for the Ring ? I sent you PM but don't know if you got it.

#24 ·
Yeah I will just have to try and take a few days of leave, might see if a few friends want to come down to the ring.

#27 ·
I'll be interested to see if yu have hood clearance issues with the 102TB install. I have it with a 122 and a 90TB.

#29 ·
There is no off the shelf kit but a guy on a vette forum put cogs on his 112. Not sure but AVAS had discussed the possibility with me but I ended up getting a 2300.

#36 ·
It's obvious we are not getting the coveted cog info. He has been directly asked to share for three years now. Ain't happening.
What else can we do for rear belt slippage .... Carbonite coated pulleys ? ,
Rip Cut pulleys ? (like Left Coast Superchargers front pulleys )
Any ideas ?

#37 ·
If someone were to ask the bloke LC32 about a possible solution and group buy, we might get somewhere...

#38 ·
#39 · (Edited)
Hmmmm, I tried it on the 112, but I had the wrong tooth pattern. So it was shearing teeth. I do remember right before giving up that I had found a company selling the Gates GT2 tooth cog pulleys. Patented shit and therefore expensive. I was looking at $500 minimum to make a set with belt.

I'll see if I can find the source.

This was the belt I was going to use: (8mm pitch, 30mm width)
http://www.gates.com/brochure.cfm?brochure=7916&location_id=11536

http://www.sdp-si.com/D265/PDF/D265T003.pdf

#40 ·
Just for BS sakes, what rear ratio's would ya'll like to see?

It would be nice to have a 1:1.10 or a 1:1.05 for a nice RPM increase and zero belt slip. Plus side would be not having to drop the front pulley down, and not having to buy a IW crank pulley.

http://www.928motorsports.com/services/selectingpulley.php

#41 ·
#42 ·
I downloaded it for you. That's a cool idea.

Attachments

#44 · (Edited)
DDawson, thanks a bunch!! We get wifi near our trailers, but it would have taken hours :lol:

Quiksilver, It was posted by T-Mac Performance Products.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.