LS1GTO Forums banner

Wife wants boost.......

983 views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  cncmasterofor 
#1 ·
Well after hearing a blown fox body drive by the wife looks at me and says after we pay the Honda off and the credit card I get to join the big boy club. I am thinking a 112 is plenty for a guy with a pretty much zero mods. Also is it preferred to have a speed shop install and dyno tune aka wongs or synergy? Granted I am a year out but still.

#3 ·
Woohoo cross state road trip. But it would be worth it lol.

#6 ·
Nah by big boy I meant joining the FI GTO group.

Also there's a saying that goes there are only two kinds of 5.0 fox bodies, those you will smoke and that will smoke you.

#7 ·
Don't waste your money on a 112. If you're going to buy a Maggie, get the tvs. You won't regret the little bit of extra money you spend

#8 ·
^ personal experience?

#9 ·
The TVS is just better. I'd switch if I won the lottery.

The TVS is on the quite side, but getting a cogged rear makes noise.

If you wife loved the sound there is nothing like a PD blower driving by.

#12 ·
Dude, Jason if my wife would decide if she is gonna keep her job or not is what's killing me. Also, I need a 2nd gen parts car for my bird, 30 it years of wear and tear on a few of my parts.

Also, the wife says she hates having two car payments, which we are down to $1700 on the Honda. Lots of factors affecting my fun money plans........

#13 ·
you might also think about trading up for a different goat with mods you want. I got lucky and was able to do a virtually even swap on my 05 for GTO-SRI's ^^ GTO which had about $13K worth of mods in it, including a maggie 112. Oh and yes a 112 would be plenty. Gives you a solid 11 second car and one very capable of hitting mid 11s. Lots of good deals on them too. Also unless you have a very light foot a blown LS2 will pretty much kill your A4 tranny so plan on a tranny build.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.