LS1GTO Forums banner

Volunteers Needed

717 views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  GTOGTX 
#1 ·
A Weekend to Remember

I'm working with the HALO for Freedom Warrior Foundation and we're putting on an event Mar 1st and 2nd 2013. These events are in support of wounded warriors.

We are bringing in 30 wounded warriors from around the country, most are straight from Walter Reed, BAMC, and BALBOA. These guys will be the guests of honor to several events starting with NASCAR Experience at TMS on Friday, March 1st. We have 5 NASCARs coming in from Buck Baker Racing School, along with several formula 2000 cars and BMW Series 3 cars used in anti terrorism defensive driving training from Wings and Slicks for the warriors and sponsors to drive. We also have Team Fastrax who will be tandem jumping some of the warriors into the track, along with some of the sponsors throughout the day. They will also be jumping in a 15,000 square foot flag, setting a record for the largest flag ever jumped. We've also got several helicopters for the warriors and sponsors to take rides in. Along with the warriors we have 3 Medal of Honor Recipients, 2 former chiefs of staff, Mayor Price, Chad Hennings, Aaron Tipin, etc coming out to support and participate.

( We did discuss at our last planning meeting the possibility of a car show with some cars to give warriors rides in, not on the track, we'll probably establish a short route around the local area. I'm not sure this is going to happen, but if you're interested in this also let me know when you pm me.)

This event will be followed on Saturday morning by a 3 Gun Shoot contest and Elm Fork in Dallas. The finale will be Saturday evening with the Warriors Night Out Gala at the Frontiers of Flight Museum in Dallas which is being presented by both HALO for Freedom Warrior Foundation and Ride 2 Recovery.

That's a quick summary of the events. We haven't identified all the jobs we need volunteers for as of yet. We would like to build up a file of folks we can call on when we know what we need to cover. What I would like is for anyone interested to pm me your email. I'll send you a volunteer form and we can go from there.

Also, if you would like to become a sponsor and have the opportunity to participate with the warriors please let me know and I'll get you the information on that.

A couple of things I need anyone volunteering to understand. These events are first and foremost about the wounded warriors. As volunteers neither I nor anyone else should expect to get any time in the cars at the track or shoot at the range. Second thing is no one connected with HALO for Freedom Warrior Foundation gets paid anything for their time, we all do it because we want to support our injured men and women, to show them we appreciate them, care for them, and support them.

We will be having more events in the future and will keep your info on file for those as well.

I appreciate it guys

Thanks,
Joe

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
That's my bi-weekly 3 day weekend and I would like to volunteer my time sir.

Edit: Sylvia wants to help out too :thumbs:

#9 ·
PM sent :thumbs:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.