LS1GTO Forums banner

Bolt on '12 GT runs 10's

6K views 80 replies 36 participants last post by  383t/a 
#1 ·

#2 ·
stock long block doesnt mean bolt on only necessarily. Drag radials out back, skinnies up front, could have a high stall converter, im sure he has some more to help him launch.
I guess it comes to your definition of bolt on, but i consider bolt ons to be power adding mods

#4 · (Edited)
Well its most likely with full bolt ons, gigantic stall, probably extremely steep gears and massive weight reduction. Its possible without big hp.

#5 ·
That car probably has nothing more than a drivers seat inside, as well as every possible "bolt on", 2 hail marys, a tail wind, and a bottle of octane booster. Point is, I'm sure it's not your basic bolt on car. It's a purpose built car. I know those mustang guys, they can be tricky SOBs...

#9 ·
Actually the Coyote 5.0 motor has gone 9 seconds with bolt ons only in a purpose built fox body. If you just do "power adders" you are leaving a lot of performance on the table.

#12 ·
The true definition of bolt on is any modification to the car that that does not involve replacing or modifying engine internals. This is NOT a bolt on car. It may not even be a street car. No rear spoiler, no badging, but hard to tell from one video.

#13 ·
The true definition of bolt on is any modifaction to the car that that does not involve replacing or modifying engine internals. This is NOT a bolt on car. It may not even be a street car. No rear spoiler, no badging, but hard to tell from one video.
How do you know he has internal engine modifications? So if you take off your spoiler and badging you are not a bolt on car anymore? :bomb:

#15 ·
This.

The term "bolt-on" is ricer and stupid. Technically, everything bolts on. Turbos, gears, spray. It's a very general and stupid term.

#20 ·
my prediction is next year they will be running 9s "bolt on only"

Sent from my SCH-S720C using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#21 ·

Same car with mods listed.

#22 ·
Suck on that nutswingers !!!!!
:lol:

#23 ·
sean from aed in vacaville has a full weight 2011 converted to e85, bone stock except for a tune and slicks and skinnies and i personally watched him run a 10.99 @120 on a wednesday night without track prep (no vht)
So basically a tune only car with tires runs 10s @ 120 while this other car with a shitload of mods and weight reduction does the same time but 4mph faster trap?

That must be some magical tune and gas that kid is running...

#26 · (Edited)
The car in question is mine.

Yes it is bolt-on only meaning N/A, stock long block, no power adders.

Running a 3.31 rear gear.

Raceweight is 3,500.

Fuel is pump e85.

10.94 pass was made in 1,800' DA.

It is not a race car. It carries registration, inspection and current insurance. It still has A/C, power everything, factory radio, etc...

It is legal by the NHRA/IHRA rules for cars running quicker than 11.49 meaning roll-bar, SFI equipment, etc...

Every pass made that day was a 10 sec. run:

I am happy to answer any other questions.

#28 · (Edited)
wow thats crazy! how much power did the bolt ons and the e85 tune add? what are you putting to the wheels?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#31 ·
Very nice car wbt. With the massive factory heads and what you can do through tuning its almost like having a heads/cam car right off the showroom floor

#32 ·
Thanks!

You hit the nail on the head so to speak. These are probably the best production heads Ford has produced. Combine that with VCT and it makes for a great combination especially when the tune is spot on.

A few aftermarket tuners offer a lope idle tune. Sounds just like a cammed car along with the issues of having a cammed car. :)

Personally I prefer a nice smooth idle. Makes for a much better sleeper. ;)

#41 ·
The margins are very small on an N/A application. The hassle of using it negates the small gains so you have to look at the other available benefits.

I could leave the stock injectors in place and run unleaded race gas if I was only looking at achieving marginal gains. The other benefits are what sold me on using it.

#42 ·
Good times man...can't knock a guy with proof. I know those mustangs are no joke, I've just personally never seen any as fast as yours around here. Last visit to the track there was one on slicks/skinnies with intake/catback going 12.50s. Not sure what his issue was, but I guess driver/setup makes a huge difference.

#44 ·
I just hate their not making the 302 for the newer model coming out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.