LS1GTO Forums banner

Dyno Results - JBA Headers, TSP Cam, Vararam

3K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  David K. Dumont 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 2005 M6 GTO. It turned 100,000 miles on the way to the dyno this morning. I have a Vararam intake, TSP Torquer V2 cam (112 lsa), JBA long tube headers, and a Magnaflow cat-back. The drivetrain is otherwise stock.

Edit: Forgot to add that I installed catted mid-pipes. So it's still sort of legal...

I finished up the headers last Friday, and got it tuned this morning at GForce Motorsports in Pearland, TX. I was pretty pleased. 421 hp, 394 ft-lbs.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Those are some pretty good numbers for an off the shelf cam...! I might be a little biased though being that I have the same cam. :) Our mods are fairly similair with almost identical #'s. I'd say your pretty spot on, congrats on your new found power. Track time now !! :hbang:

#9 ·
time for you to hit the 1/4
I went to the track Friday night. Only got in 3 passes. The track was horrible; no prep and not much traction. The guy manning the water box had water everywhere; no way to go around it with my street tires. I had to bog it a little on the line to launch it and it spun/wheel-hopped in 2nd and 3rd.

So now that the excuses are out of the way :) :
13.29 at 108 mph.

I know I can do much better with a better track. I did beat a GT500 and a new 5.0 Mustang, though.

#5 ·
Very strong, congrats!!!

#8 ·
great cam choice and congrats on your new numbers ....slap some heads on the bad boy and you should even be happier :)

#10 ·
Nice. I'll have to keep the Torquer V2 in mind.

#13 ·
You also would benefit a ton with drag radials as well, not sure how many track visits you will be making but your very limited on street tires when making decent power. Street tires and no track prep equals not so good times :bomb: but I bet you still had fun and that's all that matters.

#22 ·
Those are great numbers without any head work. Congrats!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.