LS1GTO Forums banner

I seen Crazy stuff at the track but WOW

2K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  Mr Bruno 
#1 ·

#5 ·
At what point do you stop telling yourself, keep it on the floor it'll come back down.

#8 ·
If you look closely at the final shots, the rear wheels aren't even touching the ground!!! It was almost flying, if there was no bumper the car would have been flying, YIKES!!!! That's why the car never came back down until it slowed. I'm very sure the driver had his foot off the accelerator and on the brakes, but no wheel was touching the ground, so it didn't make a difference. That was defiantly a shorts changing situation, ewwwww............

Thanks for sharing AL!!!

ROK :eek2:

#9 · (Edited)
I'm very sure the driver had his foot off the accelerator and on the brakes, but no wheel was touching the ground, so it didn't make a difference.
Actually the rotational force of the wheels stopping in the air would bring the front down. It's a common technique used among motorsports that when you start pointing too far back while you're in the air, you hit the brakes to tilt the front down, and when you're pointing too far down, you hit the gas.

It's got a much more prominent outcome with dirt bikes due to their light weight versus cars. I will also say that the effects of utilizing the brakes to tilt forwards will be much more pronounced than hitting the gas to tilt back due to the abrupt stop of the wheels having a much stronger effect.

#10 ·
This video does a pretty good job of explaining:

#16 ·
Hitting the brakes at this point is not going to do anything u are in gods hands

#17 ·
Hitting the brakes at that point would be ill advised. It'd bring the front crashing down even harder. Best to just let off the gas and let gravity do it's thing.

#19 ·
Find out who built that parachute mount and have them make one for your Camaro. I have a feeling your gonna need it................

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.