LS1GTO Forums banner

Looking for assistance

1K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  gto57 
#1 ·
My go setup is basic right now. Pacesetter LT's, custom exhaust with Spintech super pro street mufflers, Svede speed OTRCAI and HP tuners.

Yesterday, I received the estimate for the spring build. MSD Atomic intake manifold, Nick Williams 102mm throttle body, Texas Speed LS series custom (.233/.239/.500) rough idle camshaft and dyno tune.

I asked the rep from the performance shop what about heads as far as performance gains and I was advised they don't give that much and that it is the cam that does.

Is it worth adding a set of aftermarket heads?

Also, without the heads, what hp/tq gains can I expect from the new mods?

#3 ·
You are not afraid to put money into the car so why not buy a TVS 2300 and gain 150 h.p. ? Just my thoughts on the subject.

#4 · (Edited)
Interesting question. My GTO is going in on Monday for this setup.

CNC Stage III LS6 heads/cam
Rocker bases/pushrods, etc
Fast 102mm Intake & fuel rails
LPE 100MM MAF
105MM Accufab throttle body.

Hoping to gain about 100rwhp from this setup.

#5 ·
Interesting question. My GTO is going in on Monday for this setup.

CNC LS6 heads/cam
LPE 100MM MAF

Hoping to gain about 100rwhp from this setup.
Did you pay for that LPE, already?

I bought mine, years ago. Should've just went the Spectre route, but I was unaware of it, at the time. Would've saved a bit of coin.

#8 · (Edited)
Is it worth adding a set of aftermarket heads?

Also, without the heads, what hp/tq gains can I expect from the new mods?
Probably loosing about 25-40 RWHP from not changing the heads, but I am no expert. I would assume you should still gain about 60-75rwhp without the heads.

I would get some aftermarket heads since they are working on the engine anyway. I am getting the CNC Stage III LS6 heads.

#10 ·
if you dont want to spend that much you could send your heads in to tsp for a 2.5 prc cnc porting service its about 950 with new ss valves that is the last step to mine before i add nitrous i already have cam package 92mm fast svede tsp longtubes and all the little things to go along with it i like all motor also hoping to get about 60 70 rwhp at least just mentioning the head porting because its not as expesive good luck with your build!

#12 ·
Good choice, sir.

241's, 243's?

#14 ·
Niiiice. Gonna have a monster on your hands.

#16 ·
Hope they do more than dyno tune it. I also hope they know how to dial in that giant TB correctly. Not easy to do on the 04's. You sure you need a TB that big? Who specc'ed out the total package for you? What are your desired goals?

#17 ·
*Might be scrapping this build for now*
This afternoon, I received a call from the dealership I have been waiting for. They finally got in a 2017 Chevy SS, Slipstream blue metallic/6MT.
I've been wanting this car.
If I get the deal I am looking for, I will get the SS.
If not, continue with the build.

#18 ·
These are the initial results. They are supposed to email the dyno sheet soon and I pick up the car this Friday.

Livernois CNC Stage III LS6 heads, Stage I Cam
Cam specs, Duration 224@.050, Lift .568", LSA 114
LPE 100MM MAF

Baselined with stock tune. (Car was tuned before)
313whp 327wtq

After mods:
437whp 371wtq

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.