LS1GTO Forums banner

Beware: 151 Motorsports in Annapolis Maryland

4K views 33 replies 11 participants last post by  Fast GTO 
#1 ·
Had them do a full stereo install, sound deaden and HID install.

The Good:
JL Cleansweep installed no problem
Amp installed no problem
Driver HID installed no problem

The Bad:

Windows were tinted satisfactorily, their tinter has a big opinion of himself but managed to do light scratching to both of my rear fenders. They fixed it but not before the tinter gave me this horrible stink eye as if it was somehow my fault. Still have some bubbling 3 weeks later that I am giving more time to go away.

Passenger HID now has condensation in the morning, took it back for fix and it still fills up with condensation.

Scratched up my GXP wheel. They did offer to fix but it was too expensive to fix so they discounted some work. I agreed to this.

Sound deadening to front doors was amateurish at best also cut away the plastic water shield on stock doors for no reason.

Sub box wasn't carpeted, they just laid some carpeting over it to hide it.

Drive front door speaker starting cutting out after sound deadening. They wouldn't answer my calls so I fixed it myself (this would be 3rd time going back to them).

THE WORST part which I found today by removing the rear doors was that they didn't even screw in the rear door speakers all the way. Instead of making a wood baffle to fit them properly they used long screws to just hold the speakers in place, just barely in place. There is a big gap all around because they didn't want to take the time to make a baffle.

I'm disgusted. Apparently you can't pay anyone to do good work anymore.

There are also other minor issues with them not checking their work and me finding it before I left their shop on a few occasions which they fixed before I left.

Would not recommend.

Picture of rear speakers so no one can claim BS. Posting this because I've tried to call for three days now with no answers. Never had a problem getting a hold of them before. Also stopped answering my emails.

Amazing front sound deadening job:

See less See more
#2 ·
Wowza.. How much did you pay these guys? Doesn't look like they did more than $50 worth of work.

how much does one charge for an HID install? That's like 10 minutes worth of work.

#3 ·
I don't even want to say what I paid. It was cheaper than a local shop, but at this point I'd rather have paid more locally.

It is just really shoddy work on the rear doors. I am asking for a refund for the work on the rear doors and will have it done right somewhere else.

I know how it is supposed to be done so I know this is garbage work, I just don't have the time to do it myself with school and a family.

The standard way to do a speaker is to make an MDF baffle/spacer to get them to fit flush. Not this garbage work. They even screwed it straight into the metal door to avoid doing it right.

Absolutely infuriating.

#4 ·
Hopefully you put it on a credit card. Call them so you can dispute the charges and put them on hold. Once you take away someone's funds you'd be amazed how quickly the pick up the phone.

If you want it fixed, Chris Torney just opened his shop back up fulltime in Sterling VA. He's done two cars for me and constantly has the skins players and caps players cars rolling in and out of his shop. They are CAS design and you can find them on Facebook.

#5 ·
I did put it on a CC and am going to challenge $400.

#6 ·
Maybe I'm just a dick. I'd want all of my money back for that garbage. Especially since you know what you're looking for and you can make a list of everything done wrong on each panel.

I recently had my car detailed and paid someone because I live in an apartment now and don't have the time to make it over to one of them pay by the minute places. They didn't do a tip top job, in addition to driving my car about 1.5 miles when everything is on site. When I asked why they drove it no one took claim for pulling the vehicle into the shop to be cleaned, and when I asked why they didn't clean the muffler tips they said " we only wipe down the outside". I responded with people only see the tips that are covered in bl-.. Know what? forget it.

Left, and don't plan on ever going back.

#7 ·
$400? They didn't just do $400 wrong. They did the entire job wrong. Charge back the entire thing or don't do anything at all.

Seriously, charge back the entire thing.

#8 · (Edited)
i had sound deadening done on my gto doors.. it was reasonably priced and great work..

i would definitely hold the charges for this sloppy work.

Edit: It is all patched and overlapped. Did it even deaden the sound much?

#9 ·
Yep, and anything they did right was spent in travel cost to and from to get the rest fixed, which was never really fixed.

#10 · (Edited)
I disputed the whole amount. We shall see what happens.

Just makes me sick when I spend money and the person doing work doesn't give a shit. Not having good car luck lately.

#11 ·
He is still saying the HID was done right and fighting me on reimbursing labor even though I have to get it fixed.

Can't seem to understand that he hasn't sealed it properly after cutting a hole in the dust cover. Wants to put it back to stock but he doesn't understand that the hole will still be there and need sealed.

#14 ·
Holy crap! I've seen some pretty bad "shade tree mechanic" stuff before, but that's BAD! I'm amazed at how people don't take pride in what they do anymore. What kind of sound deadening do you call that?!

Tish?! You paid someone to detail your car? You better bring that junk over to my house and we can do it right! I'll only charge you $499.99! :)

#15 ·
Tish?! You paid someone to detail your car? You better bring that junk over to my house and we can do it right! I'll only charge you $499.99! :)
lol you'd laugh if you saw the car too. Was only $100 though so what could I expect?

#17 ·
Hell I could have done that install and I'm pretty sure for alot less and 99.9% better. I've done enough HID installs, I have it down to about 1 hour easy. Maybe I need to start a side business doing install's and small things like that :D . I also have a tint guy that is real good and not very expensive.

#18 ·
Yeah, I would say it definitely depends on the amount / size of the bubbles you still have. If there are a million tiny bubbles when you get the car back they need to red o it. If there is a pen size bubble here and there throughout the tint, those will go away over the next week or two.

If you go to cali and get your car tinted, the guy keeps your car for 3 days working all the bubbles out until it cures. Then recommends you don't open your windows for 3 weeks. Shit looks jank brah.

I'd rather that over the 2 hours folks keep your car here

#19 · (Edited)
Against my better judgement I took it back and had them put the rear speaker back in properly. They also tried to fix the light again but it still fogged up on the way home. At least the speaker was put back in the way it was supposed to. They also fixed the sound deadening and did a good job this time around. Only took 3 return visits to get completed work.

Apparently they are not happy about me posting my experience. Everything I've posted is, however, true.

My dispute with them is satisfied but I would not recommend them.

We still don't agree on the HID fogging up. They are claiming defective headlight (crack), but I don't agree since it didn't start fogging until the HID install.

#20 ·
This really is bad. I posted a link on their Facebook page to this thread since they appeared to enjoy talking about the work they do. Glad your somewhat satisfied.

#21 ·
I don't understand why they couldn't have done this correctly the first time.. Like how hard was it for them to go back and do it right rather than point fingers at anyone but themselves?

I'm happy they finally got most of it done. As for the headlight, get some silicone I'm sure you got some in your garage, and just take it to the back of the headlight where they cut the hole to insert the HID and just cover that effer in it. Give it a few hours to harden up real good you'll be good to go.

That's how I installed mine, in addition to putting the balast on the frame with silicone (not sure how i'll get them off when they go bad) but everything is rock solid with no leaks.

If anything you might have to check the vent tube on your headlights, they might have A broke it off so it no longer points down. B it might be clogged with some stupid shit they thought they were doing right. The head lights gotta vent to prevent from getting foggy though.

#22 ·
I don't understand why they couldn't have done this correctly the first time.. Like how hard was it for them to go back and do it right rather than point fingers at anyone but themselves?
By doing it half assed, they've now spent more time and money, than if they'd just done it correctly the first time. What a bunch of scumbags.

#23 · (Edited)
You can't make up shit like this in a movie.

So.........holy shit.

My wife was the one who picked it up from the shop yesterday because I was in class all day (Grad' school). I was finally able to check out their work today. Right front door speaker not working.

dynamat goop on outside of front doors that I had to claybar off. I also had to open it up again to fix the speaker...loose wire that I was only able to partially get working because it was soldered so I taped it into a position that got the tweeter working again.

Unsmurfing believable.

#24 ·
#25 ·
Alan Brentzel said:
Parked at my shop, nothing stolen , just scary , everything was in there!!! Someone must have caught him or aomthing . Just glad I brought it home before n e thing bad happend
hmm

#26 ·
It's unfortunate. from the photo you showed above of their " fixed work" and the photos on there pages. It looks like they might do a decent job when they try. Seems like they put the effort for the Lambo, mercedes, and land rover, and his own vehicles.. I don't see any other photo's on there though except for their "high end" jobs so to speak for show cars.

Goes to show you can package the shittiest jobs up in a pretty wrapper.

#27 · (Edited)
Apparently a GXP wasn't expensive enough for them to get their quality work done. Either way, they smurfed up my shit constantly.

And to top it all off, the cut the dynamat with a razor blade while on the door and cut right into my paint on the inside of the doors. Proof:

I also have an audio file showing the tweeter not working on the right front speaker after getting it back (a new problem).

#28 ·
wowwww, reposted it on their facebook page since they deleted it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.