LS1GTO Forums banner

Sacramento Raceway 12/08/12

8K views 300 replies 18 participants last post by  Cyclone Jr 
#1 ·
Just picked up some Hoosier road racing tires for cheap, should work ok for the drags. Who is down for TNT next Saturday?

#2 ·
Are gonna watch the Pacquiao/Marquez that night?

#3 ·
Not sure, will be watching the UFC on Fox though... super stacked card and best of all... free.

#4 ·
Was already planning on being out there next sat ..hope the weather don't screw us

#6 ·
Sweet!:turbonaug

#8 ·
More then 2 passes this sat :turbonaug

#10 ·
You drag racers crack me up.. ! Ohhh let's race in a straight line..... :rclap:

:stickpoke

#12 ·
Mark me as a maybe. If the weather is fine and my car is up to it, I'll go. I need to see what she does in some nice cold weather with Jeff driving on some dr's !!! :)
Fixed. :stickpoke

#31 ·
:popcorn2:

#32 ·
Maybe I will go but not sure since it is hell of a drive from The Land of Garlic.

#33 ·
i got your back if you get to mantweaka

#34 ·
Well I spoke too soon, I won't be able to make it. Have to work...

#35 ·
that stinks i thought us A4's would get a chance to battle

#37 ·
What's a plate kit?

#38 ·
It's a plate that attaches to the throttle body which through nitrous and fuel flows and gives you anywhere from 75-200 horsepower at the wheels.

#39 ·
Ahh the juice!

#45 ·
the man that once siad he would never get a converter ....jk ....It's gonna be good to line up next to another auto .Colin and i had a good little battle going in sonoma ..good times it was ..were getting alot of m6's knocking on the door lately. like CGM's us auto's need to represent :)

#52 ·
I wish I could race as much this winter as I did last winter. I might be working but I'll update the thread when I find out.

oh btw.... 1.52 60ft 6 speed on 17" dr's with a h/c ls1. Looks like I just moved you guys lower down the list lol

#54 ·
17 inch 60's FTW!!!

#64 ·
Ok I will let you know by text tomorrow.

#63 ·
UFC rules over boxing in my life buddy.... I need ufc on 99.99% of the time...:)

#66 ·
Especially since it is UFC On Fox 5 and the card super stacked!

#69 ·
I may be able to make it to this event, but if I do I'm not sure if I will race since I've already raced twice in the last month... and the expenses are not cheap. :bomb:

#72 ·
Well that wouldn't be to fair now would it... With the more power I'm making, launching on street tires with a manual is no easy task. My sixties would probably be worse then before. I need Dr's just to hold you at bay with your set up on street tires. :). I could still manage a 12.3 on street tires I imagine, because last time at sac. my first run on Dr's I got a 2.1 60ft. (I was learning) I still ran a 12.3. It's just more exciting for me to run with Dr's now.
I cannot believe the words I'm reading right now? WTH! Mr. 2.002 on street tires that's a crock of dog poo! Andrew got a 2.0 on streets, that will be a potential 3rd infraction buddy.

#73 ·
I cannot believe the words I'm reading right now? WTH! Mr. 2.002 on street tires that's a crock of dog poo! Andrew got a 2.0 on streets, that will be a potential 3rd infraction buddy.
What did I do ?? :confused: I most certainly do not see myself paying $50 to race and fight off not burning the tires up to get 12.30's all day and not a P.B.

#75 · (Edited)
Money doesn't grow on trees for me me, and I've always said, I've raced my car plenty times for fun on street tires, now when I go to race its because I'm going for a p.b, not to get mediocre times and beat up on my car. :)

It's x-mas time and my girls b day as well, not to mention a baby on the way, I don't think its a great idea do go racing 3 times in 6 weeks at around $100 a pop when you include gas and fees. Lucky for me I have not even had to pay for drag radials thanks to ray.... This Shit adds up. :rules:

#83 ·
back off on this cat ...i'm actually proud of my young grass hopper ,been telling him this since day one to ditch the street tires & run some big boy tires, we go to the track to hit the best possible times our cars can, even if it means shedding some weight off and once you hit your time you never want to go backwards so i understand why he would not want to now race on street tires :) having that said we better see your but out there this sat with my dr's again with ricks tune now

#84 ·
I went backwards with drag radials.

#85 ·
you just needed more seat time with those dr's sir and you would of %100 beet your best 60

#86 ·
My 60's got better with each pass its my times that went the other way.

#90 · (Edited)
Haha, I think it's this Spanish guy that just bought a GTO in our area... Why does he get all this attention... ? I think it's an A4..... :dunno:

#96 ·
When you get your little stall, I have a feeling you will switch over to drag radials. :)

#97 ·
Yup then your never going back to the track again on street tires bro you'll be to busy having fun with your street tires Tokyo drifting on the street your gonna love the converter man :)

#98 ·
Race the strip, not the streets...

#99 ·
I can't argue that.... I race every once in a great while on the street, but honestly I don't get messed with hardly at all. If I run someone on the street it's usually someone in our club behind my house on a safe Mexican highway... :). Be safe on the roads my friends.

#100 ·
I dont race on streets. Deserted Mexican highways with no on ramps sure, by never on the streets ;).

Funny thing about the deserted Mexican highways are that I have destroyed cars there that are quicker to the finish line at the track.

#101 ·
From a roll ... ? Cause I know you said your even with your buddy's mustang on a roll race, but what exactly is your definition on "destroyed" on a roll race ? Obviously I'f you race someone who out 60's you at the track but traps the same or less then you, then you would win that roll race, yes.

#102 ·
lets put this to rest here fellas :) trap speeds for the most part will tell you the outcome of a race .a quick car at the track will still be quick and pull hard on the street if you have your car set up right (street and strip) to say my cars pulls better on the street i think there's way to many variables such as guys driving skills on the street or them telling us my car ran a 11.50 at the track and your car just pulled me by 3 cars and you run a 12.0 at the track or some shit like that ..i'v been there done that on the street scene .bottom line fellas track puts all ? marks to rest and keeps us safe and more money in our pockets for future more mods ... run what you brung home boys :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.