LS1GTO Forums banner

My Range says 7000 Miles Range!>?

2K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  n0b0dy1987 
#1 ·
So when I pull my GTO out from storage I noticed after filling up that my Range showed I could go over 7000 (Seven Thousand) miles.

What the heck?

I have since run it to empty and filled it again and put a couple quarter tanks through as well. Still all out of wack... Extremely high range shown at all times.

Gas gauge still works and seems to be just as accurate as ever...

Ideas? :confused:

#3 · (Edited)
Welcome to 2004 GTO ownership, lol. You're like the 3rd or 4th person this month posting something about the 04 gauges acting up. The winter must have thrown the cars out of whack or something - even my gauges were going silly for a bit.

So, you're issue, though. Try some of the things in this thread.

EDIT: LINK (DUH!!!)
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=446942

#4 ·
My range shows an extra zero. If I have 120 miles left in the tank, the range will show 1200 miles. I'll try the battery disconnect too...

#6 ·
Hope it's an easy fix for you both, that actually sucks. Not sure why it was posted in this section though... :scratch:

#7 ·
thanks yeah ill try that..thought i had done it already while i was working on it afterwards but i dont specifically recall that I did.

Oh and I posted it in here because the only other section is "Sterio/Electronics" and I figure people who tune would be far more likely to know the answer to my question than steriophiles.

I use HPTuners so I thought maybe it might be a glitch since I did have it jacked up for about a week while I did a head swap...figured maybe while it was jacked up when I connected the battery it thought it was on level ground and the tank was LESS than full causing an algorithm to multiply the range ....

LOL idk that was my thinking anyways lmao leave me alone Im stoned XD

#8 ·
Yup. Second try it went back to a more reasonable 55 miles.

Im currently tuning for mpg...enabled lean cruise. Would be awesome to get some mpg in the mid 20's

Now Im addicted I had to chase down that constant squawk from a pulley. Found it. off to Oreilly's to get new ones. Already did belts so its all coming together nicely. Finally some time to tinker :D

#9 ·
I'm and 05 and my range is having issues too. When the tank is full it says I only have a range of 70 miles.

#10 ·
My range has been good but when starting the car it will say low fule with the needle at the first red line, then very low fule and it will drop all the way down, then after dismissing that it will go up to the actual level. :wtf2:

#11 ·
Just drive 7,000 Miles on the tank, GTO Hybrid!

#18 ·
FWIW I had my battery unhooked overnight and my problem was solved.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.