LS1GTO Forums banner

Carputer audio setups.

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  CoolAid 
#1 · (Edited)
What are you running?

I'm trying to read as much as possible but need laymens terms. I'm a super noob with car audio and struggle with the basics. Tweeters deliver high range like lyrics and symbols? A woofer delivers mid range and the meat of the audio? Subs deliver the deep bass is all I'm sure of.

All I'd like to do is get at least what stock had on clarity but at higher bass levels but not sure how to go about it. I've read that on board mobo sound isn't good enough for car audio and that a sound card or "signal processor" (what I assume the sound card is but in non-pc terms) is needed. So that leads me to be a bit confused on the wiring (once again, super audio noob).

If I were to use onboard, I would get a case with RCA out and go RCA into the amp, and the speakers would all go RCA into the amp and wala? Or USB sound card (keeps case smaller than PCI) with RCA into amp?

How about speakers? I'm initially thinking Memphis Audio 1" tweeters, Memphis 6.5" in the doors and rear seat kick panel, then a Memphis M Class 12" 300w sub. I would remove the package shelf stock subs and leave the grills so that bass would flow into the cab. How does that speaker config sound? How do you have your amp(s) powered? Inline fused then switched sourced into the main fuse block? Are they "bridged" off one power wire?

For the carputer I'm planning on a Lilliput 7" touch double din for the dash. MoCoSo black box case, Atom D2700, 4gb 1033, and probably 64-128gb SSD. On board HP Tuners is the main purpose but I'll obviously need to replace audio.

Thanks for reading my noob thread. Any links, comments or WTF SEARCH! is appreciated. :cool:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.