LS1GTO Forums banner

Anyone here??

2K views 29 replies 21 participants last post by  Spiceredm606 
#1 ·
This was posted on facebook by a local car group.(philly car meets). Was just wondering if anyone knows where this happened or if the driver is ok??

See less See more
#9 ·
Wow, that hurts.

#11 ·
one down

OMG.....that is terrible all right......another GTO bites the dust :(

Hope everyone is OK.

Now I know why my GTO is so slow .....I never took out all the safety steel in the front or back........guess I'll keep it in the daily driver.

#16 ·
Wait, if the gas tank brace is there, then it was in place during the accident, correct??? I do wonder how it got to where it is sitting now, I would have thought it would be crunched in that whole mess. Someone HAD to get hurt in that one. And it seems like it happened a couple of years ago too. I also wonder who's GTO that was and how they are doing, if they are not already pushing up daisies, lol......

ROK :eek2:

#22 ·
from other thread:

Not mine, believe it or not, the kid, 21, walked away after we pried open the door. He was shaken up and strapped in and didn't understand he had just back into a bridge pillar, we think at 80K or so. He was actually headed in the opposite direction. The only thing he was worried or would say was something about how he was going to get to work. Later I heard he had a few bruises.

#25 ·
Lets just not get into the whole if the brace is needed or not, although it WAS a good read, again, lol. It also seems like the production of the aluminum braces never came to fruition either. In the last 9 years we've all seen pictures of smashed up GTO's, and in most of those cases the car has held up very well. This 21 year old, at the time, was very lucky to walk away from that accident, some haven't been so lucky. It's rare that you hear of someone getting killed in a GTO, but it does happen. I personally think the GTO holds up pretty good in an accident.

~ROK~

#27 ·
My buddy John (gremlin85) accident:

Only thing with these cars is the airbag does not work all of the time.
Yeah, I think I remember those pictures, and if I remember correctly he walked away with only some bruises, right? When was that accident? He wasn't one of them that got killed with a car full of people? The memory isn't what it used to be.......

Anyway, that GTO got crunched pretty good, and flattened out too, YIKES!!!

Thanks for the pics,
ROK :eek2:

#29 ·
Couple brusies and 2 steel rods in his neck.
Ewwwwwww, at least he's still with us. I feel bad for him because he'll be in chronic pain for the rest of his life. :(

I have 4 plates with all the hardware holding my neck together. And let me tell you, after 14 years since the accident and I'm still hurting some days just like it happened the day before. He's young, so he might heal faster, but he will always know and feel all that hardware in his neck!!

Here's what my neck looked like when they got done with the first surgery;

Thanks for the info,
ROK

Attachments

#30 ·
Wow!! He broke the 2nd and 3rd verdibrate so they connected 1-4 with the rods. He has a huge scar and every once in awhile complains about pain. I mean if you looked at the car before we talked to him you would of thought that we lost him. Lucky guy and boy does he know it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.