LS1GTO Forums banner

"new wheels" BBS RC090

29K views 184 replies 58 participants last post by  slammin86 
#1 · (Edited)
I put my "new" wheels on for a little test fit. The are BBS Style 5's. I still need to restore the wheels, lower the coilovers, roll the fender lips, buy new tires, and the BBS red/gold center caps I want are on back order for a month.

I have center caps for the wheels but they have bmw roundels on them so I didn't put them on with the wheels

But here are some preliminary pics.

See less See more
#44 · (Edited)
I lowered my coilovers today. I apologize for the shitty phone pics

The rear was dropped to the lowest position on the bc's

I lowered the fronts up to about the width of 2 bc coilover adjuster tools, so I could probably go approximately 5-10 mm lower. I am rubbing fairly bad when turning so I am going to raise the car about about 2 to 4 mm tomorrow. Once I get new tires on my style 5's I should be clearing at the lowest setting on my coilovers atleast I hope so. Snow tires are tall to me

Here are some more pics of the low setting. I think it looks pretty good and could only look better with the bbs's

#46 ·
I will be honest with you brother, and tell you I'm not Liking them very much.

#50 ·
Hmm my car was purchased back in 2009 when it was still 15k... And I am nearly 20 years old and am not trying to impress anyone. I simply want to make the car the way I like it. I grew up in a household with lowered track Porsches and I guess I just want to immolate the slammed stance those cars had in my eyes.

I am a wheel snob and won't run cheap POS replica wheels so I have to opt for 17" LEGITIMATE BBS wheels, sorry if being safe going down the road is a bad thing.

#58 ·
I'm going to run the widest tire I can fit beneath the fender but if a 205 is the widest then that's what I will end up with. I just can't tell what that width will be quite yet. I will make it so it won't rub under normal driving conditions. The beauty of coilovers
Good to see you're going with the "form over function" mindset on a 4000lb rwd performance car. My mom's Honda minivan has winder tires than yours :chrisls1:

#61 ·
What happened to the BBS wheels?

Immolate = sacrifice by fire

#63 ·
I was just looking at the rear end just a little while ago and if I keep the camber the way it is I will have no problem clearing really anything once I roll the fender lips I have about 10mm between the tire and the lip at the moment and the lips everyone knows are fairly large. I may just use the 245/45/17 dunlop direzza summer tires I already have on my other set of stockers. My front end I am not quite sure what will clear yet.

#65 ·
Yeah hopefully. I have been talking a little bit with with the owner of this car on my build log on stance nation... OMG stancenation......:sneaky::bomb:

Here's a front view of his car.

My car should poke 30mm less in the rear and 10-15mm less in the front which will probably be alot more function especially with having 17" wheels instead of 18" wheels.

#71 ·
Wow its been a hella long time without an update.

So the wheels are 99% done. I am replacing a few nuts and bolts that were too damaged to want to re-use.

But here are some pics of the test fit without tires and coilover lowered all the way.

1 with my brother's 18" enkei EKM3's on. I can clear about 10-15 mm lower with these wheels on.

A little before an after pic don't mind the bbs center caps:

final product without center cap:

#75 ·
I'm still deciding if I like it as well.

Fak yeah breh. Cannot wait to see them with tires. I still think you need more poke but will reserve final judgement till you get tires on them.

What size tires btw?
thanks neither can I. The rear does need more poke to be flush. but until I can afford to have the rears widened I'm going to keep it this way so I can still have a respectable tire width. I am thinking probably 245/40/17 rears and 215/40/17 or 205/40/17 fronts I cant really decide.

#80 ·
Nice job on the wheel resto. Have you thought about chroming the centers? I'm not much on Chrome but these wheels and silver body might pull it off.

#81 ·
Funny that you say that. Today at the Water by The Bridge car show (a mostly euro show) and I saw a black mk4 Jetta with 100% polished BBS RS wheels and air ride. It got me thinking about it. The silver is a similar color to stock qsm so I'm going to atleast keep them silver for a little while. I also saw some unique colors and was also thinking about trying to color match the wheels to the red interior but who knows

#82 ·
This is getting good :)

Check out the trunk:

Show off dem stickas:

Plasti-Dip Brah:

#87 ·
After seeing tons of slammed euro's today with destroyed paint I want to less lol. And with possibly going to air in mind I think I can tuck a lot harder with the current dimensions... I'll figure it out.

Good luck fitting those without going something like this

really trying to avoid this kind of fit lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.