LS1GTO Forums banner

NOS with propane

4K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  slammin86 
#1 ·
Anyone using NOS with Propane yet? If you need info PM me.

Using propane instead of raw fuel that is. No more plug problems, 2 gases instead of raw fuel and nos, less harm to engine, etc...

#2 ·
Lots of people have been running propane with nitrous-- it's real big with the diesel crowd.

Post up some details on your setup. I've looked into it quite a few times over the years, but never took the plunge.

#4 ·
I custom build all my cars/kits. I will help anyone who wants the info.

#6 ·
Hmmm.....No carbon deposits, hence no carbon saturation issues, hence better flame propagation across chamber, hey, I think I like the idea! Tuning and timing issues would have to be looked at, delivery rates, pressures, etc. Are the major tuning companies into this yet?

#8 ·
Not really, you still get build up in the intake with propane. I work on LPG Lifts and gunk will build up over a period of time. We actually use fuel controllers and Cats as an emission system on the lifts we have. As far as the Nitrous that would be interesting to see someone to do it. :)

#10 ·
1. Propane is roughly 130 octane
2. It is usually pressurized at around 250 psi
3. Gasseous state
4. Never again will you kill plugs. Never had an engine blow up. No problems at all. The only issue would be running out of propane and NOS flowing but thats a no brainer.
5. Very easy to set up. Leave the fuel side alone. Stays the same. For example, If you are running a 150 shot use the same NOS jet. The propane side needs a NOS solenoid rather than a fuel solenoid. So yes 2 NOS solenoids in propane unit. Also need larger than normal feed line to solenoid -4 to-6 ( I use rubber hose 3/8). Some guys still use -3 not good for propane. You can use the small propane bottles or all the way upto 10# bottles. The small propane units are good for 1 to 2 passes. I only use for one to be safe at 150 hp unit. You do need to add 10-20% more jet on this side. You will need to look into what size jet is needed to accomplish that. Now this is important. Whatever jets you are running now for 150HP on the NOS side it will be actually around 130hp. The addition of propane as a fuel runs alittle richer than a gasoline. So upjet the NOs side for another 25hp and also add the correct jets for the propane side.

If anyone has questions shoot me a PM or just ask away here in this thread.

#7 ·
NAWWSSSS!!!!!!

PROPANE!!!

#9 ·
Good friend of mine has propane injection and 3 stages of nitrous on his cummins diesel. Looks like a plumbers nightmare but he is getting awesome results, but I'm sure gas motors might be a lil differnt.

#11 ·
subscribed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.