LS1GTO Forums banner

Spintech

5K views 39 replies 17 participants last post by  AllRyse 
#1 ·
Finally decided on a catback. It was a hard decision. Contemplated the magnaflow competition,corsa,exhaust depot and spintech. The magnaflow and corsa double the exhaust depot/spintech pricing so that was a deciding factor. Also I'm not a fan of the corsa sound. Exhaust depot never got back to me so I guess they didn't want my money. So spintech here I come!

#2 ·
i didnt see bassani in your search! did you search marylandspeed?

#4 · (Edited)
I looked at TONS of different setups. Bassani definitely was one of them. I thought it sounded decent, pretty much like the 2.5 magnaflow catback. Especially after headers and a real x-pipe. I just didn't think it was loud enough, or the tone I'm looking for. Not knocking it at all because I definitely considered it.

I looked at spintech,I eat my own poo.,getting a custom catback with xr-1's/pypes m80's/magnapacks,sweet thunder,dynomax bullets,corsa sport,kooks street screamer/afterburner with an x,both magnaflows and a few others I can't remember.

#3 ·
what other mods do you have or planning to do??

If you plan on keeping it catback only, spintech was a great choice. Great sound, even when everything else is stock. Now if you're planning on doing long tubes in the future, combined with the spintech and it might be too loud for you.

I have a spintech now and im doing long tubes next month so ill have to live with the loudness til i decide to cam my car, then ill be switching up exhausts.

But you'll be happy with it, even if i know i gained probably 0hp from it, im glad i spent the money for the sound lol

#6 ·
what other mods do you have or planning to do??
I'm pretty much stock right now with just a k&n. I do plan on getting headers. Another reason I decided on the spintech versus lets say a corsa for example, is if it gets unbearably loud I can just cut out the spintechs and weld something else in without being afraid of hacking up a thousand dollar catback.

#13 ·
I have Spintechs in the '04 location along with Dynatech longtubes, catless mids and an h-pipe. To me it's not all that loud...although my basis for 'loud' comparison is my dad's old '69 428 Cobra Jet Torino with headers, h-pipe, no mufflers and dumps at the rear axle. Deep, loud, obnoxious, and one of the most beautiful sounds I've ever heard.

I prefer the sound of no cats vs. cats, but that's subjective. My thought is you'll love the Spintechs, but make sure you have them welded in the '04 location for a deeper, better sounding exhaust note (again, just my opinion)...

#14 ·
Just had my spintechs installed last week x-pipe and catless. Really liked the sound, then a couple of days ago got my long tubes on and world of difference. It is raspy but I like it. I have a 04 and surprisingly quiet on the inside. You will be happy, my favorite exhaust from what I have heard.

#15 ·
I think I will be very happy just like you guys. The only thing I don't know is if I'm gonna buy the mufflers,x-pipe and tips and take them to a shop, or just get the catback from maryland speed. I've searched here and seen all the issues with spintech fitment and that its best to get it welded,etc. Plus I don't like their 4 inch tips. Atleast with a custom shop doing it, I'd know it's not going anywhere, and I can get the corsa/magnaflow style tips I want. Opinions?

#16 ·
I've seen that video a dozen times. As well as the other ones of that same car, and every magnapack video on youtube. Don't get me wrong it sounds good, I just think spintech sounds alot better and about half the price.

#17 ·
I bought the mufflers and tips and had a local exhaust shop weld everything up for way less than $500.00 for everything. The big benefit of the catback is that everything is mandrel-bent for a smoother flow for both 2.5 and 3" piping options, versus the crimps and inconsistent 2.5" diameter of the stock piping.

I'm not looking to squeeze every last hp out of my exhaust, I already had my h-pipe, and I am a poor bastard, so I opted to do mufflers and tips and have them welded in...

#19 ·
I can't imagine that a complete catback would be cheaper than buying the parts and putting them in yourself... Plus, like you said, you get to pick your tips and everything.

Just make sure that you're very clear with explaining how you wanted everything done. I told a shop I wanted a flange from my header collector to the mids, and a flange from the mids to the catback... and they welded the mids to the header collector. That's what I get for leaving them alone, though, I guess.

#21 ·
You'll love it..I had Magnaflow on mine and I was the same way, it was way too quiet for me and I think these cars need to be loud..Every where you go you get comments etc or at least I do but I think others do too..*Note I am not stock so results will be different*

#24 ·
I am loving my side exit spintechs. They are getting a tad louder (breakin' in?) though. Not gonna complain. I have a quiet DD if need be.

#26 ·
I did mine at a buddies garage with hand tools..Of course he had a lift but I cant see any real problems doing it in your driveway..Make sure you have a helping hand to help you

Sent from my Samsung S3 at your girls/wifes house

#28 ·
I love my Spintech. You made the right choice.
Yes you ca install in your driveway, just make sure you have someone there to help you.

#29 ·
I think so too. Ordered it up last night. I'm assuming it'll be here in a week or so. Might tackle it in my driveway depending on how cold it is. Probably will end up getting it welded so I just might have a shop do it.

#31 ·
Just got my Spintech stainless catback from MarylandSpeed. Can't wait to get it on and hear it with the Streetsweeper HT!

#36 ·
I can do that. Gimme a day or so. I dont think there is much drone. Will let you decide though. Keep in mind i am still stock manifolds and cats too.

#38 ·
Hey-o, already been there and done that with the exhaust. Search "EhrgeizX6" on YouTube and my videos of driving windows up and down and stuff should be in there. If you're gonna get the Spintechs, get the R221's and put them in the 04 location. I've been told my car "sounds like sex". I guess it's really, really loud, roaring V8 sex.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.