LS1GTO Forums banner

finally got hydrocoated pieces back

2K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  slammin86 
#1 ·
Its been a while since ive posted, unfortunately ive been in hospital since first week of december and got out hospital about a week ago. anyway heres some pieces i had hydrocoated before i got sick, got chance to pickup today.
No its not maverick man but overall I like the quality. Also I made the speedo bezel gauge, turned out nicer than what I imagined, first time working with fiberglass also. thanks for looking

I'll get some more pics once I get them installed. here's what I have so far

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
paid 250 for 2nd batch, the stuff already installed in car i think i paid 200 or 300 can't remember, ill pm the place that does it since they aren't a site sponsor, damn rules

#4 ·
Not the biggest fan of carbon fiber bits, but they don't look bad. However the speedo gauge looks great!

Also you need to take a wet rag to the interior of your car!

#5 · (Edited)
No its not maverick man but overall I like the quality.

[
Colors look good, but honestly if my stuff came out like that I'd make them do it again. A real good quality shop would not have laid it out like that. In these two pictures you can see the ink really got stretched and deformed, especially on the right sides. That bezel would bug the shit out of me, seeing it right in front of my face every time I drive the car. That whole thing needs to be re-done

It is very hard to a big radiused part or in a deep pocket, but on pieces like this, that should not have happened

I guess I am just much more fussy than most people, because I would not have accepted those parts looking like that, but as long as you are happy, that's all that matters:)

Great work on your gage pod though!! Maybe your dipper should take quality lessons from you?

#6 ·
I have to agree, the waves would bug the shit out of me too.

#9 ·
No its not maverick man but overall I like the quality.
glad you know that ;) btw the gauge will block your cluster 100% you won't see your warning lights. just a thought. thanks for sharing!

now you need a mav man shifter and ebrake to tie it all together
it won't match at all.

that water transfer is too way too grey not even close to real CF. but if the OP is happy that is all that counts. ;)

#15 ·
Pics of gauge bezel installed?

I kind of like the shifter/brake handles in factory silver, but I don't follow the "show" stuff enough to know what is hot vs not.

I think you did enough that it doesn't just look like an idea, but a plan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.