LS1GTO Forums banner

Fast Intake for the SLO 6.0

3K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  Black Night 
#1 ·
Well, what do you all think about me going to a Fast Intake

With the following, I made 375 rwhp and 384 rwft-lb tq.

Comp Cam 265 in. 271 ex.// .522 in. 529 ex. //114 LSA
K&N Intake
Kooks Headers Signature Series Long Tubes with cats
Magnaflow Competition Series Cat-back

Changed out the Cam and made

435 rwhp and 411 rwft-lb tq.

What will a Fast 102 Intake add to my car? Power wise? Is the Fast Intake worth the money for my low powered GTO?

#2 ·
A FAST is not a bad next mod at this point since the stock intake is so poor. You might try and find a used FAST 90/92 and have it ported if it is not already. Then use the money you save toward heads, or upgrading the 243s that you have.

#3 ·
Sometimes, there isn't anything more to say or left to add, but "tits". :dunno:

Q: Raced mah car to da beach wit no oil ?
A: "Tits"

Q: Packed my M6 trans with lard an' now it shifts like ca-rap 'n smells like fries ? "

Q: Bought 197k mile GTO and rear end makes teh noise ?

#4 ·
That dyno was VERY friendly,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,like has been said already a good used 90/92 will probably gain you at least 40rwhp if you use the same dyno,,,,,,,,,,,,,Realistically a FAST should get you another 15rwhp.

#17 ·
I can tell you that the lift was not designed with with the L92's in mind.

Also, there are people in STL that will argue PBJ dyno is low and is fully loaded. Nevertheless, the car is running against some real competition and hanging well. A bolt-on 2004 Corbra is no slouch which my GTO ran great against. Most bolt-on Cobras can make 460+ hp.

#9 ·
Comp Cam 265 in. 271 ex.// .522 in. 529 ex. //114 LSA
Seems like this cam would work fine with a Ls3 head swap, a little exhaust bias.

I think some of these huge "Ls3" split cams are blown out of proportion. From what I've seen, although the port cc is largely in favor of the intake, most flow sheets on Ls3 heads show similar flow to cathedral percentages with exhaust being close to 70% of intake, which is on par with most heads for the Ls engines.

#13 ·
blasphemy.

You mean to tell me that a 12-14 degree split on for that setup is blown out of proportion!?!? :p

#14 ·
Well, the Fast 102 is on the way. I will have the car retuned on the same dyno, same person. Therefore, we will see what kind of results the car makes.

You know what shocks me is that I’ve heard so much difference in what people think the Fast 102 will make as far as hp. I hear anything from 10hp to 30hp. I’m hoping to pick up 15 hp, some power I can feel.

Therefore, taking bets on what the car will make (no money). Post what you think it will make as far as horsepower and torque.

#16 ·
I'll play,

450/425 after the Fast.

#15 ·
Peanut Butta Jelly Time! Peanut Butta Jelly Time!

Sorry :D I couldn't help it lol

First decide what ports you're going with down the road (square vs cathedral) then pick the set up to go with. If going cathedral, a FAST is a must. For square ports, just get the stocker ported, LS3 heads are good to go as cast.

#20 ·
I picked up my used FAST 102 for $500. I switched from a ported LS2 intake. I SEEM to have more under the curve power. I doubt a bolt-on car can really see gains, but it is a mod I would do again, for the price I paid. Plus I do plan heads/cam, so might as well get it out of the way.

#23 ·
I will be looking into an Intake next year.

#25 ·
I would definitely go for a Fast 102. I did my heads/cam and thought I could get away with my Formato Ported Ls2 intake but it turned out that it was too restrictive. I will be doing a fast 102/DuSpeed next month

#26 ·
Well, the results is in folks!

Same dyno, same tuner. Added Fast 102 (only).

From 435 rwhp to 411 rwtq to...

450 rwhp and 420 rwtq

6point0 goat, was pretty dead on with his guess.

New Dyno by acts187kjv, on Flickr

#27 ·
Solid gains man! :D

#28 ·
Well, I was hoping for atleast 15 hp, therefore I'm happy. Also, most of the gain is up top.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.