LS1GTO Forums banner

NOVA meets?

1K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  Mtarr07 
#1 ·
Hey everyone! I don't have a GTO but have been around them for a while and also am just a general car enthusiast. I was wondering if there are any meets in the area/ Sunday "spirited" drives?

Maybe 1/4 mile track meets in the spring? (Are there any 1/4 mile tracks open in the winter? I'm not sure)

:)

#5 ·
I thought only exotics and super expensive cars show up to these though?

There is also a cars and coffee on saturday morning in Great Falls. Google for details.
Same as above.

For Nothern Va region their are check out Novastreetsceen they usual have a meet every week or other week all cars import domestic doesnt matter usually big turn outs
Sounds good, I'll check it out.

I guess I was looking for something a little less formal. For example, on Thursday nights, a handful of Subbie owners (like 8 of us usually) meet at Clydes in Tysons from like 7:30pm to as late as 1am (or whenever people leave). I only go to about every third one, but we dont even talk cars usually. Just a group of random people having a good time (age range is early 20's to early 40's).

#12 ·
I might try that out when the weather gets nicer. Again, I'm not really looking for a parking lot meet. I'm trying to meet some other car enthusiats who aren't 16 years old but at the same time, drive their cars (I'm all for garage queens or track cars if you'll drive them but if you have a 2005 mustang GT with 348 orginial miles, we probably wont have much in common).
They dont start rolling in until around 700PM(16yr old's and ricer's). Most of the car's You will see there during the day are just that, car's that do get driven. Old, new and in between and most of the guys there are into car's, but You will run into a few that are ass hats. Oh and the Mustang owner is he Your neighbor,,,,:D

#17 ·
They dont start rolling in until around 700PM(16yr old's and ricer's). Most of the car's You will see there during the day are just that, car's that do get driven. Old, new and in between and most of the guys there are into car's, but You will run into a few that are ass hats. Oh and the Mustang owner is he Your neighbor,,,,:D
they got kicked out I heard and not allowed back

#3 ·
There is also a cars and coffee on saturday morning in Great Falls. Google for details.

#14 ·
Its a joke. Thats what I mean though. I've been to parking lot meets where its 16 year olds with no front bumpers and a FMIC thats hooked up to NOTHING and then on the other side you have old guys with their bone stock 2005 mustang gt preaching how it's so much faster than cars in the 80's and how they get "into so much trouble" with it when 1. its slow and 2. it has less than 1000 miles so they don't even drive it.

#16 ·
LOL, yeah. I stopped going to weekly events after highschool because I realized they're rarely anything but that.. highschool events.

#22 ·
The Velocity 5 is pretty cool, it's mostly imports that were there but it would be a good place for us to meet up and get something to eat or have a beer and bull shit. They have some good areas in the back with couches and TVs that we could use as a group.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.