LS1GTO Forums banner

Its installed and tuned!! 56k beware!

2K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  atomicwedgy 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#8 ·
Yeah, I am going speed density as well. Hopefully the learning curve isn't very steep. I'm going to attempt to tune this one on my own with a little help from my friends.:wall: My install is going fine. I am taking my time, and changing a few things along the way.

#6 ·
Thanks to Abo at SCSS and Mike at HADDAD. Theres still a little bit of tuning left. Running around in the 11.1 afr range but i cant stop smiling.
An awesome power and torque curve, what fuel octane are you using? By the way, don't go any leaner than 11.1 afr on the LS2 engine otherwise you may hurt #5 and #7 pistons as those cylinders run leaner than all other cylinders.

Congrats on your twin turbo install and I hope you have big rubber on the rear end..............you're going to need it! :):turbonaug:burnout::burnout:

Peter

#7 ·
Thanks peter! But youre telling me that an 11.1 is too lean?? Im only running 91. thanks carb!!! and as far as tires... well i have 19's and i dont wanna deal with swapping for the track, so im gonna try out the bridgestone reo1r's. but basically in boost 1st and 2nd arent much help.

#9 ·
Thanks peter! But youre telling me that an 11.1 is too lean?? Im only running 91. thanks carb!!!
I'm saying that 11:1 at peak power is as lean as you'd want to go if you're measuring the afr off one cyl bank only (measuring afr on 4 cylinders). If you measure the afr on all cylinders (need 8 lambda sensors for this afr testing) you will see that #5 and # 7 cylinders do run leaner than other cylinders.

and as far as tires... well i have 19's and i dont wanna deal with swapping for the track, so im gonna try out the bridgestone reo1r's. but basically in boost 1st and 2nd arent much help.
No doubt, it's not easy to get all of that power to the ground on street tires. :):turbonaug:burnout:

Peter

#12 ·
Abo sure hooked you up well, didn't he?! SCSS is an awesome shop. What is HADDAD though? I have had some work done at SCSS (nothing performance wise yet) and they always do a top notch job. I can't wait till they install some kind of FI on my GTO...

#18 ·
Thanks to Abo at SCSS and Mike at HADDAD. Theres still a little bit of tuning left. Running around in the 11.1 afr range but i cant stop smiling.
I was curious if you were running a cam or anything in this? You have about 50 ft-lbs more torque at 3000 than I do, but that could be the difference in compression also.
Joe

#20 ·
You're at the borderline at 500-525 hp as to whether you can still use the MAF or go to SD. Jeremy should be able to determine which way once he gets the car on the dyno.

#22 ·
The best way it was described to me is with your maf your car becomes a light switch car. The maf is maxed out once it sees over atmospheric pressure. so there is no middle ground. there is 0-50% throttle and wot. the SD tune is the way to go if you have the tuner and the time. and yes i know about scaling the maf. I just chose to do it the way recommended by my tuner. and yeah, i guess heres the dyno graph to answer all. only the aps system and aps pump and injector set. yeah i have a custom 3" with magnaflows, but that was just to keep it quiet round back. all of the rest of my mods are strictly acessories. spec 3+, gmm race, precision threaded shifter, hurst knob, aem wide band, scss gauge pod fuel/boost, catch can and avic z1. slp springs, noltec motor mounts, noltec spring spacers and speed inc drag bags, haha oh and cant forget the wheeeels

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.