LS1GTO Forums banner

2013 meets!

13K views 195 replies 42 participants last post by  RQSGTO 
#1 ·
THIS IS A DEFINATE GO!!!!!

I'm trying to put together a schedule of meets this sping/summer/fall.

We seem to have a problem getting the local Goats together.

We can coordinate this with any large cruise at this time.

I know there are a lot of us in the area.

I am proposing a bi-monthly meet at a local spot.

I know whatever I chose as well as the location won't suit all of us.

If you can make that week great, if not the next time.

Here is my idea.............

We meet the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month.

Details next post.......................................

ATTENDING AT SOME POINT DURING 2013.

1) 05yellowjacket
2) Gibby88
3) TEAMAED
4) 06spiceredgoat
5) tq_goat
6) mobilemarinemi
7) scottpzak
8) evltwins
9) Motownpontiac
10) 06GTOfosho
11) BellaJO
12) oonothin

See less See more
#2 ·
I propose we meet at the Potbelly's on M-59 in Macomb Township.

The address is 17673 Hall Rd (M-59) Macomb Twp. 48044.

This is on M-59 between Romeo Plank and Garfield.

The parking lot has the Potbelly's as well as a "5 guys" in it.

I have been there and there is ample parking.

I would start the meets on May 4th 2013 @ 7pm. They will continue the 1st and 3rd saturday of each month @ 7:00pm till weather prevails.

This is about 20 miles from the Woodward strip!

We can all meet and those who want to hit Woodward can head out from there.

This should give us a chance to meet on a regular basis.

I am open to any other suggestions, please PM me or post here.

#3 ·
Hope to see all who can make it on May 4th and beyond..................

#4 ·
That's an hour drive and 38 miles for me one way.

Bud, that's not exactly a central location for us west siders, try again. For a one-shot meet that's doable, for a regular meet I'll pass.

#6 ·
Like I stated earlier not best for everyone but at least a regular get together if you can make it.

We should still have the Dave & Buster get together later in the year.

#8 ·
I enjoy the dave & busters meet as well but im thinking we don't wanna ruin the uniqueness of it, i say that we plan to meet somewhere on hall closer to m53 at a specific time and then all roll together down for a friday or saturday cruise to woodward? This way if not everyone can make it to drive down there they still have the opprotunity to meet us on woodward. Any thoughts?

#13 ·
You could do the lowes at hall and Hayes, only 2 miles from m53
This location is only 2-3 miles east of the M-59/M-53 interchange.

#22 ·
Looks like some new members here on the east side. This could turn into some nice meets!

#24 ·
I say we do west side meets and let them do the east side meets. I'll bring Todd along too.

I propose Craigs Cruisers in Wyoming on Clyde Park/52nd area.

#28 ·
Baker's in Milford....every sunday...all summer....some awesome cars there...and to roll in with 15 or so GOATS...uh, that would also be awesome...

Milford is a central location...statewise....:)

#33 ·
We did that once several years ago, I think there were 10 or so of us... heard catcalls of "get a real Goat!"

I have to say that I was pretty impressed by the gamut of cars to show at that locale for an every Sunday cruise-in, though!

#31 ·
i was trying to think of you guys....i guess Lansing is about as central as it gets...nothin goin on there tho....:)

#35 ·
I plan on heading to detroit for a couple cruises. Probably work in a couple of Tiger games and make it a weekend. Now that Nate is back hopfully we can have some more westside events.

#37 ·
Anybody interested in getting a bunch of Goats together for a cruise-in to a Whitecaps game?

I was unaware that the new hang-out was the Sonic on Clyde Park. Last year the couple times I did go out cruising on a Fri or Sat the only action I found was at the Mr. C's on 44th @ Clay Ave. They have such a small lot there though.

#39 ·
I'll take mine medium rare Jerry!

#43 ·
I certainly am ready, just have to finish up the suspension, new front arrowhead and lower SAP grill. Looks like the bumper cover is coming off again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.