LS1GTO Forums banner

Maverick Man Carbon Fiber Radiator Cover

7K views 38 replies 26 participants last post by  Maverick Man 
#1 · (Edited)
Maverick Man Carbon is proud to present the long awaited Carbon Fiber Radiator Cover for 2005 and 2006 GTOs.

This is just the first to come of Maverick Man Carbon Fiber Engine Bay dress up parts!

Like many Maverick Man parts, this Radiator Cover is also produced with a Pre-Preg Carbon Fiber as well as Vacuumed and Auto-Claved for a top quality finish! This radiator cover has details like no other part Maverick Man Carbon has ever produced! This part has the exact slopes, creases, bends, tabs and even the slotted intake area like the OE part! This cover will use all OE mounting points including the underside clip!

Introductory "pre-order" price on these will be $408 (plus shipping and tax in CA) now though Jan 1st 2013 only. Regular price will be $430

As stated above this piece as the exact creases, slopes, tabs and bends as the OE part as show below.

Also has the slats done in carbon fiber for the air inlet area instead of using funky chicken wire.

Here is an image of the tab on the underside just like the OE piece.

you can pre order this part here:

http://maverickmancarbon.com/archives/3269

if you have any questions please email me at maverickman[at]maverickmancarbon.com

thanks for looking!

See less See more
#3 ·
looks awesome, but as I stated on your FB page, is there any way we can get a version thats precut for OTRCAI's? Hey, its worth a shot...less carbon should equal lower cost, right? :)

#14 ·
Yeppers...all of this
I too would like one but for a svede intake
Need one for svede with 2x2 weave.
Svede..Svede...Svede...Svede...
sorry too many options for me to carry. to be honest it is easier to cut this piece then cut your OE part. it won't melt if you're using a dremel or fray if your hacksawing. plus since you probably already have your OE rad cover cut you can use that as a template to cut this.

Yes please. Here’s money. My plastic fasteners are going to look weak on this thing. Humm...
yes they will and i suggest using my billet adaptor kit for that instead. that's not a sales pitch either. this cover is much stiffer then the OE rad cover and does not flex as easy. that kit will hold it down much better.

Can you make it w/o the overflow hole?
i appreciate the suggestion however again as mentioned above. there just too many options and variables.

What's the actual lead time on these?
PM me ;)

Nice! I'm in I'll pm you with an order in a couple of days! What is the shipping date on these? Do you have any in stock? Pm me Mav! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
i'll message you or PM or email me first. ;)

what about us 04 guys.....
i love 04's don't get me wrong. however this is an exact replacement of the 05/06. it not to say you couldn't get this to work but 04 overs are totally different then 05/06s

Quality looking piece as always Mav. Don't think it will go well with the DuSpeed though.
Thanks Zinn! remember i still have the front carbon Monaro piece if you ever come back here! lol! ;) don't tempt me to make a MavSpeed. lol! ;)

#5 ·
Can you make it w/o the overflow hole?

#6 ·
I too would like one but for a svede intake

#9 ·
Oh I just read that this is the first of other engine bay items to come. Hopefully you can do some smaller things and offer them in a 2x2 weave so my 2x2 weave svede isn't so out of place.

#11 ·
Nice! I'm in I'll pm you with an order in a couple of days! What is the shipping date on these? Do you have any in stock? Pm me Mav! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#16 ·
mark you have to consider the volume here. 04 vs 05 and 06s. that's two years vs one. also OE rad cover guys vs cur rad cover guys. you're taking two molds for an 04 (one OE and one cut) and two molds for the 05/06s (one OE and one cut) think about that.

please think of the time it takes me to make these parts. its not like i have a automated machine that does this stuff. lol!

what most of you don't know is what you have to consider when making parts. if you see how little area is left after you cut it near the front that is an issue. there is ALOT of work there that needs to take place to make sure that doesn't flex during a mold which it can throw everything off. you could make two sides but that is double the investment for me as well. so really if i did this, COST would not be that much of a difference.

i could try to do it cheaper and hand lay this part but i am sorry there is no way it would come out even close to what this look like AT ALL. it would also weight double to triple the Stock part which makes no sense at all. not to mention fitment issues which we have all seen on past ones when the GTO first came out.

all though i would want to cater to everyone i just can't. :) for example your new front bumper thread. though i wish i could make everyone happy you just can't. ;)

hey i make a 04 hood! lol! and 05/06 guys want a 05/06 hood that i don't make lol! i can't win!

#20 ·
That's a great looking piece. Can't wait to see what's next.

#21 ·
god that looks awesome!

#32 ·
PMed you Mav

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.