LS1GTO Forums banner

Time to say goodbye...

3K views 38 replies 21 participants last post by  1QWIK7 
#1 ·
...for a few months.

Yesterday I did the last wash for awhile. This included removing the wheels and cleaning the wells as well as the undercarriage. Then I got it dried off and put in the garage for the night. This morning I went back out and did a quick cleaning on the interior and unhooked the battery. Then put on my new car cover.

The End.

Next year when I get it uncovered my plans are to sell the brakes, get wheel studs, spacers, then put a few thousand miles on it before covering it up again.

See less See more
#2 ·
Will this rapist van be your daily?

Meow.

#31 ·
I sure hope so.

Sleep tight
YES.

don't make promises you don't intend to keep!
Why?

No opticoat for the winter nap? That's some jank ass shit brah
I know right?

Wish my wheel wells looked that clean, mine are coated in burnt rubber.
Me too.

What springs are you running?
King.

You forgot to floss your valve stems.
I know right.

View attachment 158241
What's that set of wires ?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Why?

So now the Si is getting all the fun?

Meow.
Woof.

Do something about them jank ass rotors brah!
You.

No thanks, I have slotted rotors already.

Meow
Buy.

So what springs are you running?
KingX2

can't bring myself to cover my car in the garage during the winter months. i like to look at it sometimes for extended periods.
Why?

I'm jealous of all you people with indoor garages lol.

Right now still looking for a dd that I can use for winter into the summer. Want something 4x4 this time. I wanna put my car away for the winter real bad..although it'll be in a driveway under a cover. I wish it can be inside a garage.
Why?

I used one of these in MA winters. It's still holding strong. With the curved roof, it supports more weight. heavy duty material and strong bars.

http://www.shelterlogic.com/Product...b-4de7-881a-9f8000e9f470&CategoryName=Garages

I had a 04 Mustang GT in mine and it was a tight fit. You can get the, diff sizes but the next size up was too big for my space.
Why?

I looked into those last year, but most of them seem too flimsy and alot of the reviews I read were poor. I wanted one for summer use, as my garage is only available to the GTO during the winter.
Why?

Don't worry that moisture will be there in the spring.

Nice except for the Monroe stuff.
Why?

Off topic.

Where do you get decently priced harness shells from? My first thought would be grainger.
Why?

My PBM is a daily.. Idk when the next time will be that it gets detailed. Which is def a bad idea since I detail cars on the side, and my owns a basket case lol.

I just drove it last week in the snow too. It was fun.

Lol

Aaron
Why?

I can't not drive my goat.
Why?

Can't believe you didn't dry those rotors when you we're done washing the car to prevent the oxidation, rust on rotors = ugly. You suck at detailing!!

.. I'm so jealous, I just wish I could keep mine and do my build i was planning in the spring :(
Can't dry rotors with the wheels on. Stupid multi spoke wheel design.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
OP, are those the TSW rims? Your car looks great with those things.

No they are not TSW's.

#3 ·
Sleep tight

#9 ·
You forgot to floss your valve stems.

#13 ·
#11 ·
So now the Si is getting all the fun?

Meow.

#18 ·
King springs.

can't bring myself to cover my car in the garage during the winter months. i like to look at it sometimes for extended periods.
This is the first year I have covered mine. I did it this year because I want to keep the SI in the garage also and do not want water constantly dripping on the GTO when I open the garage door.

Normally I have beaters that I do not really care about. But this SI is too nice to keep out in the weather if I do not have to.

#19 ·
I'm jealous of all you people with indoor garages lol.

Right now still looking for a dd that I can use for winter into the summer. Want something 4x4 this time. I wanna put my car away for the winter real bad..although it'll be in a driveway under a cover. I wish it can be inside a garage.

#23 ·
What moisture are you referring to?

This isn't the monroe you get at AutoZone. This is the gto sport line from Australia that was designed around the king springs.

#26 ·
My PBM is a daily.. Idk when the next time will be that it gets detailed. Which is def a bad idea since I detail cars on the side, and my owns a basket case lol.

I just drove it last week in the snow too. It was fun.

Lol

Aaron

#28 ·
Can't believe you didn't dry those rotors when you we're done washing the car to prevent the oxidation, rust on rotors = ugly. You suck at detailing!!

.. I'm so jealous, I just wish I could keep mine and do my build i was planning in the spring :(

#30 ·
OP, are those the TSW rims? Your car looks great with those things.

#33 ·
It is a commonly known fact. Goats must sleep 3-5 months each season in the northern time zones. This allows them to run amuck the other 7-9 months a year.

#39 ·
Ohh nah i dont worry about that.

Back when we got 20 inches of snow december of 2010 i had my altima and i was fine. I was looking for a 4x4 this time but saw this celica and couldn't pass up the deal. Then again its almost new years and its going to be 50 degrees wednesday. What winter?? lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.