LS1GTO Forums banner

New air filter for SvedeSpeed OTRCAI

4K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  SpencerW 
#1 ·

New, from West Coast Speed and Green Filter, a new High Performance filter for the SvedeSpeed OTRCAI!

Click here to place your order!

Advantages of this filter over the old K&N:
*Outflows the original K&N by around 20%
*Uses woven cotten cloth, like an oxford shirt, instead of cheesecloth, more uniform, more consistent filtration over life of the filter
*Uses a stainless steel mesh with epoxy coating to hold the filter media in place instead of aluminum screen
*The oil used on the filter is 100% synthetic, lighter than oils other companies use, which makes it harder to over-oil the filter and won't damage your sensors
*Features a barb around the perimeter of the filter which makes it lock securely into the housing. Any sort of sealing grease is no longer needed and the aluminum bracket across the top of the housing is no longer critical to hold the filter in place.
*Made in USA (America, smurf Yeah!)

See less See more
#2 ·
is it a pain in the @ss to switch out the old k&N filter.

#4 ·
just remove the hose clamps and pull the intake up pop out the filter and pop the new one in. 20 mins tops

#5 ·
sound good....i will buy one this friday. is there a recharge kit for this filter

#6 ·
Green sells a kit to clean and re-oil them. I've got some in stock in 'clear', but you can get them in any color. I think they're competitive with K&N on the price of the kit.

#7 ·
Can these new filters be run without oiling them? What are the upsides and downsides of either/both? I've never been keen on oiling any of my intake air filters and just went ahead and bought a new one when the proposed cleaning time arrived. Maybe it's just the very old school still in me! Thanks.

Tom.

#12 ·
So is there a special oil and/or cleaning kit we need to use with these new filters?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.