LS1GTO Forums banner

Keep my sister in your prayers...

5K views 86 replies 49 participants last post by  Red92RS 
#1 · (Edited)
As many of you know, my sister is handicapped. Cerebal palsy, to be exact.

Well... she got very sick over the weekend, and it got worse and worse. You all know that my Mom had a major stroke back in May, so I've had my hands full with her, ever since she came home. I had thought my sister was getting better, since my Dad kept downplaying everything. Yet, she hadn't eaten since Sunday, and her breathing was extremely poor. I didn't know ANY of this!

I took my Mom into her room earlier, and she noticed how bad she was. She was furious with my Father, and made him take her to the ER. Once we got there, they didn't waste any time taking her in the back.

After many tests, needles, etc... they were pumping her full of fluids.

Doc came in to talk with us, and it wasn't good news. She tested negative for the flu, but she has got a bad case of pneumonia. So bad, that she's got a 50/50 chance of living through this. :(

Telling my Mom was the hardest thing about tonight. Given my sister's condition, my Mom has taken care of her for her entire life. My sister is 33. So, that's a lonnnng time.

I got word, a little while ago, that they got her fever down, and her heart rate is stable. But they've got to run more tests, and we're hoping she can pull through this.

So, take a sec and keep her and my family in your thoughts. As bad as 2012 was for us, we could use a better start to 2013. Just last week, my Aunt lost her battle with cancer. We could really use a turnaround.

See less See more
#2 ·
Your family is in my prayers. I hope and pray everything continues to get better.

#3 ·
I hope everything gets better for you and your family Manny, you all are in my prayers.

#7 ·
Praying for her hard brother. Your mother hasn't left my prayers since her ordeal started, please let us know if you need any help!

#9 ·
prayers your way brother.

#12 ·
hang in there manny. i am hoping for the best for you and your family.

#14 ·
Jesus MannyLobo, I am sorry you and your family are having to deal with another issue like this. I definitely have your family in my thoghts man. Know I never met ya, but I know how it is to deal with things like this. I know it sounds cliche as smurf, but keep your head up man.

#18 ·
Update: It's not the flu. It's not pneumonia. They're still running tests to find out what it is.

Good news, however: I think we're through the worst of it. Once they hooked up the IVs to her, and pumped her full of fluids and meds, her body started to react, right away. Came to see her today, and she looks SO much better. She is still in pain because of the breathing tube, but I'm glad she's starting to recover. Once they diagnose her, I'm hoping she can get back to her normal self.

The doctors constantly complimented my family for caring for my sister so well. Her medical history only has a few incidents on it. I had tell them: She can thank Mama for that! They even said that if we would've waited one more day to bring her in, it would've been too late. Her organs were already shutting down. So even in her current state... Momma knows best!

#20 ·
Damn Dude, hope things turn out ok. Will be our prayers for sure, keep us update.

#21 ·
Got ya covered Man...ny!

Glad she's doing better (just saw this post and yer FaceTube)

#24 ·
Damn Manny. Can't catch a break. Prayers for you and the family.

In case it hasn't been said, you are one hell of a brother and son. Keep up the good work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.