LS1GTO Forums banner

Wisconsin Area GTO Sightings

213K views 4K replies 233 participants last post by  ViperT4 
#1 ·
Post all sightings from your area here.

#3,664 ·
Correct, 5.328 L; 325.1 cu in. But in the GMP books it is marked as a 327... and it just sounds better ;)

The only real way to make up the VE difference from a smaller displacement engine is with boost. Anything else done could be done to a larger engine (a 6.0) even boost also though. Why not build the 5.7? Ah! its in the car still.

This winter I am getting some things for mine, just a bump stick and headers that are actually large enough for the ports on the heads.

Chris

#3,666 ·
because the 5.7 in there is 1960s technology and I have no interest in learning small block chevy? lol
And you're wrong. A vastly improved engine design also makes up for VE differences. lol

#3,670 ·
Looking for a shop

I just got my MGW-P shifter and normally I would install myself (I like to learn how to work on my car) however after reading the knowledge base articles on shifter installs, I think I'll just have a shop do it. I am a big guy and have a hard time fitting under my car with ramps.

I am looking for a shop near Madison to do the install. The shop i would normally use is pretty booked so I was wondering if there were any recommendations that would allow me to get this installed sooner. Thanks!

#3,671 ·
Saw a black 04 in downtown La Crosse around 5pm, had aftermarket rims and sounded pretty nice.. Don't think it was jerbob, didn't see the plate but I don't recall yours sounding like that!

#3,672 ·
Saw a yellow jacket with aftermarket rims on I-43 heading south crossing Mooreland road this morning on way to work. Looked nice!

#3,684 ·
Saw a blue 04 yesterday with "autotude" on the rear window on hwy 16... Gave a friendly rev and looked over a few times... Whoever it was looked none-too-interested to see another GTO, never looked over once. Pity, there are so few of us in the area.

#3,686 · (Edited)
if anyone local wants a gator pod (includes a sunpro boost gauge if you want it, but not the cluster-matching gauges) I'll cut you a deal. I picked it up in a package deal.

#3,687 ·
I could use one give me a call 262-995-8900

#3,688 · (Edited)
Sold my '06 SRM last week

:whine:Sold my GTO last week! Very sad day seeing it leave the driveway, but it went to a really good home. The new owner is an avid collector and says he will keep this one for many years. He also owns a very nice '05 GTO that is his part time driver. While I was sad to see an end to my "collector" performance cars, it made me feel good to see the new owners reaction like a kid with a new toy.

I've enjoyed being a member of this site and will continue to visit from time to time. I've also enjoyed meeting the great GTO guys in Southeastern Wisconsin while going to local car shows. I'll still be going to Georgie Porgies Saturday night car shows and some shows at Gus's Mexican Cantina in Franklin as long as I can.

Stay safe, have fun in your GTO's and drive 'em like you stole 'em! At 70 years old, I'll be driving my more conservative 302 H.P. '12 Impala. Oh well, . . . . (big yawn):zzz: . . . . it does get over 30 MPG on the highway!

Also, I'll be selling the original 17" wheels and tires that were on my car when it was delivered. They are in mint condition with only about 2500 miles on two of them and about 1000 miles on the other two. (2 had to be replaced on warranty due to a poor front end alignment) I also have several '06 32 page sales brochures that I'll be selling that are in excellent condition. I'd like to see them go to guys in Southeastern WI. :gears:
Jim 414-764-1539

#3,691 ·
:whine:Sold my GTO last week! Very sad day seeing it leave the driveway, but it went to a really good home. The new owner is an avid collector and says he will keep this one for many years. He also owns a very nice '05 GTO that is his part time driver. While I was sad to see an end to my "collector" performance cars, it made me feel good to see the new owners reaction like a kid with a new toy.

I've enjoyed being a member of this site and will continue to visit from time to time. I've also enjoyed meeting the great GTO guys in Southeastern Wisconsin while going to local car shows. I'll still be going to Georgie Porgies Saturday night car shows and some shows at Gus's Mexican Cantina in Franklin as long as I can.

Stay safe, have fun in your GTO's and drive 'em like you stole 'em! At 70 years old, I'll be driving my more conservative 302 H.P. '12 Impala. Oh well, . . . . (big yawn):zzz: . . . . it does get over 30 MPG on the highway!

Also, I'll be selling the original wheels and tires that were on my car when it was delivered. They are in mint condition with only about 2500 miles on two of them and about 1000 miles on the other two. (2 had to be replaced on warranty due to a poor front end alignment) I also have several '06 32 page sales brochures that I'll be selling that are in excellent condition. I'd like to see them go to guys in Southeastern WI. :gears:
Jim 414-764-1539
We'll miss your car Jim, that thing was immaculate! Hope to see you around at the shows though, and I will most likely will give you crap for selling it....:gr_devil:

#3,699 ·
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

My GTO is gone, but I still enjoy checking in to see what's happening. :eek:ldfogey:

I hope you have the Merriest Christmas and a healthy, prosperous and Happy New Year! I'm sure I'll see some of the Milwaukee area members this summer. Stay safe, God Bless. :driving:

#3,703 ·
Nice to see someone posting up in the Wisconsin section!! Hope we get some good cruises in this year,maybe a couple holy hill and new Glarus cruises would be nice!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.