LS1GTO Forums banner

Official FL GTO Sightings Thread

531K views 9K replies 656 participants last post by  crice97 
#1 · (Edited)
Tired of making a new thread everytime I spot goats. So, this is the official FL thread!!! No matter what part, post all sightings here.

Spotted 4 GTOs today.

1. '05 Quicksilver parked in front of Sam Ash on Colonial. Tim?

2. An '04 Torrid Red or Pulse Red parked at the Regal Cinema 20 on Alafaya. A4 with tint, and plates read 04 GOAT.

3. An '04 Quicksilver parked in the same lot as the TR or PR above, but on the other side. A4 with tint.

4. '04 YJ going south on Semoran.

#2 · (Edited)
I saw 4 GTO's in FL a couple of weeks ago when I went to Tampa.
1. a Black 05' passed me like I was standing still on 95S just north of Jax. I had the cruise set on 85, tried to catch up and when I hit 120 he was still pulling away so I backed off.
2. Saw a YK going south on 75 just north of Brandon
3. Saw a YK somewhere around Jax
4. Mick's car was at RevXtreme when I got my dyno-tune

I also saw a TR/A4 at Tropicana Field a couple of months ago...

#4 ·
Yeah, I was trying for YJ...must be that Alabama public school edumacation coming out...LOL

#5 ·
lonniebud said:
I saw 4 GTO's in FL a couple of weeks ago when I went to Tampa.
1. a Black 05' passed me like I was standing still on 95S just north of Jax. I had the cruise set on 85, tried to catch up and when I hit 120 he was still pulling away so I backed off.
2. Saw a YK going south on 75 just north of Brandon
3. Saw a YK somewhere around Jax
4. Mick's car was at RevXtreme when I got my dyno-tune

I also saw a TR/A4 at Tropicana Field a couple of months ago...
1 Sounds like Imran :gr_jest:
3 Might have been hardcore, only other yellow that is 'known' in Jax is Joecoool. But surely you would have noticed the stripes and rims hes sportin now

#6 ·
saw a black 05 speeding around UCF today with 2 other guys in the car. i guess this guy is the reason why UCF cops always tail me when i take the GTO on campus.

also saw a gold 71? GTO convertible on the 408. it was BEAUTIFUL.

ooh and can't forget that black/black 04 sitting in the garage i see everyday!

#11 ·
Drive more cosmo!!!
I don't want to be spotted. Me and another parent at the middle school both have T red cars, park next to each other every day waiting for kids dismissal. Friday, a cop watching speeds in the crossing zone waited for us to leave and tailed us for 2 miles, thinking we were gonna race. With three Torrids in same neighborhood, were gonna start getting pulled over for each others misdeeds.

#12 ·
Naples, FL here.

Saturday, was followed to a friend's apartment just off Pine Ridge by a young blonde in a black '04. I was in the WS6 so we traded exhaust notes. :D Saw possibly the same car an hour later at the little plaza where EB Games is.

Later on that evening, spotted a Torrid Red/Red '04 parked at P.F. Chang's on US 41.

#13 ·
just saw a black 05 in Inverness (citrus county).......younger guy driving.....did the honk and wave out the window.....

#14 ·
Saw an '04 Barbados Blue on University Parkway tonight (Manatee/Sarasota County Line). As he passed, he honked and waved. I returned the gesture.

#16 ·
You can put me down for another Yellow Jacket 05 in Jax.....

<-----------Newbie

#22 ·
BanditWS6 said:
Naples, FL here.

Saturday, was followed to a friend's apartment just off Pine Ridge by a young blonde in a black '04. I was in the WS6 so we traded exhaust notes. :D Saw possibly the same car an hour later at the little plaza where EB Games is.

Later on that evening, spotted a Torrid Red/Red '04 parked at P.F. Chang's on US 41.

I saw that red one at pf changs as well, My 05 was there but she was more hidden as I couldnt find a spot.

#23 ·
Red 04 On Airport I honked and waved. Quicksilver 04 on Airport near Immokolee I cut behind, Quicksilver 05 Everyday In Palm River.

Edit: Once In a While I see some Crazy Kid Driving a Black 05 Near Chili's :)

#25 ·
I can't believe how many GTO folks we have here in Naples!

I saw a blonde in a yellow '04 on Airport just north of GG parkway a few weeks ago, when I was driving my '66 around. I waved and gave her the thumbs up, and she just looked at me like I was nuts.....

#26 ·
I see a silver 04 on Oaks Blvd. in Naples every now and then around 4:30, also do the honk & wave, so does he. Is this anyone on the site??? I also have an 04 Cosmos in my neighborhood with the MC2 mesch wheeks like I used to have, but haven't seen it in a couple months.