LS1GTO Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Problem with dew on side mirrors

4K views 62 replies 40 participants last post by  KO6GTO 
#1 ·
So the biggest problem I have in the mornings when I go out to my car is the side mirrors are covered in dew! They take for ever to blow the dew off if they do at all. What does everyone else do about this? Thanks guys!

#3 ·
Climate controlled garage....or just wipe them off. I'm still trying to figure out if this is a real question?

#4 ·
#5 ·
I just don't use my mirrors. What behind me doesn't matter, and since I travel at ludicrous speed, everything is behind me. By the way, how did you get your license without even knowing how to wipe down a fucking mirror?

#7 ·
#17 ·
#21 ·
:facepalm:

No words

#23 ·
Wow, rough crowd.

My GTO sleeps in the garage, but my daily driver experiences this in the spring and fall here in Michigan. On the bad days, just"wiping" it off lasts for all of 15 seconds before the dew reforms on the mirror (which is at a lower temp than the dew point).

Heated mirrors are wonderful for this, but doesn't apply to GTO's of course.

OP, rainx helps, but needs to be re-applied routinely. Anti-fog spray products for glasses i'm sure would work by breaking down the surface tension and allowing the water to form a film instead of droplets.... don't know about the lifespan.

....Other than that you just wait til the glass warms up from ambient air and live with it. :)

#24 ·
On a dry day, go outside and car wax your front window inside and out. Also wax your side mirrors. No fog and yes very little dew maybe none.

#25 ·
Wow, rough crowd.
Rough crowd? The kid is talking about condensation on a mirror, something that can be wiped off in 2 seconds per side. Does this issue really need to even be asked much less on an online forum? An adult human being cannot comprehend what to do when faced with condensation on a piece of glass?

That's like coming on here and asking what to do about the poop on your ass after you take a shit.

#27 ·
That's like coming on here and asking what to do about the poop on your ass after you take a shit.
Fling it at the other monkeys, of course.

#30 ·
Hey OP do you own a Lingenfelter edition GTO? :sneaky: :scratch: :dunno:

#36 ·
It's getting real in here!
:popcorn2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.