LS1GTO Forums banner

fix it tickets

2K views 45 replies 21 participants last post by  dlively11 
#1 ·
Long story short, was minding my own business when I was pulled over by a CHP. He gave me 3 fix it tickets. Can I just pay a fine and not have to correct the violations? What happens if I don't fix them?

#2 ·
You'll likely get stopped again later down the road with the same result. Who knows? test your luck

#3 ·
As far as I know you have to prove you fixed them by having another officer sign them off... :dunno:
What were the 3 infractions ?

#5 ·
you can fix them and then just pay $20 for each infraction or not fix them and pay the fine ,witch would be much more costly .pending on your infractions .what 3 infraction ?

#6 ·
I got two window tinting tickets and if I didn't remove them I'd get arrested is what the chp told me. It isn't correctable in alameda either.

#7 ·
For CHP he more then likely checked non correctable tint so pull out your wallet.

Front plate depends. Don't get one in SF or the Presidio as it's $250 after getting it fixed.

#9 ·
Yes you should be given the option to pay a bail when you receive the ticket. If its something like plate, tint, etc. I would try to get it signed off. If the officer is a dick, he may have marked the violation as uncorrectable.

If its a smog violation, just pay the fine. FWIW, my violations were:
Smog violation
Modified exhaust
Clear side markers (uncorrectable)
Tint (got it signed off)
It was a little under $800 for bail..

#11 ·
1. Tints
2. Turn signals are white
3. No front plate

All are marked as correctable although not sure what to do about the front plate. I don't want to drill into the front bumper...

#13 ·
There is a way to mount it by using plastic zip ties this is how I did mine without having to drill the bumper.
I don't miss California...
We do not miss you either. :D

#18 ·
#29 ·
Yep, expensive and congested.. :bomb: But great weather and the ocean and mountains are nice to have within driving distance. :)

#23 ·
He pulled me over when I was parked. He said my car was parked so loud that I couldn't hear his siren. I wish i could say I fought the good fight. I wish I could say I didn't do 5 in the slammer as a result. I wish I could say that he didn't stop by Olive Garden on the way to the PD.

#35 ·
Fix it and do it right away. I got a fix it ticket which would have been a $25 processing fee. I paid it a week late and was forced to pay $500 or lose my license and have a warrant for my arrest !!! I am not kidding as sad as that is .....

#36 · (Edited)
Sucks about all your tickets, but maybe this is a good time to ask---

So guys, I'm living in the area now. I have a front plate (my bumper has been drilled from years of living in Iowa, which has front plates), my exhaust is STOCK but I do have tint.

I put a picture of my car below. Iowa has pretty strict tint laws for the FRONT windows, 35% and in the back you can do whatever. The pictures make it look darker than it really is. Think I'll be in the shit with the CHP? Also what do they give you shit for on exhaust? I have a magnaflow CB thats been sitting in a box for like 3 years. Should I even bother putting it on?

This is my daily driver/beater, so I prefer to not get pulled over all the time.

#38 ·
Gimpster It's a gamble. Front plate and tint are the two main targets get to you pulled over.

I had dark tint on my old SHO for 15 years before I got a ticket around the block from my house. I had no plate on my Corvette for 10 years before I got nailed.

The GTO still has no front plate.

The Magnaflow won't get you a second look either. No PD has ever looked at me idling next to them with my Magnaflow catback.

#43 ·
When I first moved to Iowa from Florida, I resisted using front plates for like 3 years. I also had 5% tint all around and I just like having it. Pet peeve of mine is looking over and seeing people staring into my car. I got REALLY tired of getting harassed like almost every other week and finally drilled both of my cars. One thing I learned was putting the front plate up on the dash attracted way more attention than just leaving it under the seat.

Not wanting to be harassed must come with getting old. At the end of the day its a car and I have bigger fish to fry.

#46 ·
I havent had a front plate on any of my cars since the 80s. Been pulled over quite a few times and never even got warned about that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.