LS1GTO Forums banner

East Coast Skiing?

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  MuhThugga 
#1 ·
Where is the best place within 5-6 hours for skiing?

I've heard about Snowshoe...

#3 ·
snowshoe is deff worth the trip but its pushing 6 hours mapquest and gps's say lesser times but trust me those back roads into there are another world..
Timberline in canaan vally wv is my first choice
seven springs in pa is nice and the wisp is at the bottom of my list.

#4 ·
The water skiing is now pretty good in lower Manhattan.

#5 ·
From this area, Seven Springs is your best bet. Lots of slopes and lodging and food options are plentiful right at the slopes.

#6 ·
I've been to Seven Springs and hated it...was like skiing on a bump on the ground in my backyard. It was also severely packed.

Are the resorts in VA/WV a little larger?

#11 ·
that place is always packed and always overpriced just like everything else around the deepcreek area....

I've been to Seven Springs and hated it...was like skiing on a bump on the ground in my backyard. It was also severely packed.

Are the resorts in VA/WV a little larger?
timberline in canaan valley wv best bet for you ......http://timberlineresort.com/Winter/mountain.php

#9 ·
Massanutten, I used to own a time share there.. Well my mother did/ does. Beautiful mountains, great community. Worth the trip only 2 hours away.

There is white tail, in northern MD that I used to go to in the 90's. I'm not sure of it's quality now a days.

#10 ·
Who has the biggest mountain and longest runs? Just hard to get excited after skiing Colorado and the Alps.

#13 ·
I haven't been skiing since high school. I need to organize a trip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.